About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/25/19 by ModDee; 16236 views.
Loreficent

Sep-3

Oh...so what makes it too long? Is there something on the package that says? I still have some though haven’t used any for quite some time. I still carry them with me though “just in case”. They are one of those things that I’ve told myself I would do first if I were really thinking I would cave in. So I guess like a security blanket. I had some 4 mg ones I cut in half and think that is what is in there. Some day I’ll take them out of my bag. 
How you doing without? Lifesavers are good cause you can hold them between your teeth and kind of suck air in through them. And! If you get in front of a mirror in the dark and bite the spearmint ones with your mouth open they make sparks! Yup. Fun stuff Tiny.

Loreficent

Sep-3

Anytime Anthony!
I will never forget you responding to an of mine back in March I think. You said “You’re not alone”. Made a huge difference in that moment for me and still does. 
So...use that anytime, that wait for 3 replies deal we all have. 
Beautiful full moon here tonight. 

TinyBadger

Sep-3

I just remember quitting before and trying to get encouragement from people who didn't know what to say because they didn't understand. It sucks when you feel like no one is cheering you on. I never want to feel like that again and I never want anyone to feel like they don't have support during their quit. Even if it's a dumb montana story that distracts someone for 5 minutes, it's something, I think. You are a nice guy who is gentle and kind in your posts. You seem to care about your forum family and did I mention you take beautiful pictures? It's easy to support you because you want this so badly. You're doing a great job and I know you can do it this time!

TinyBadger

Sep-3

My package says 10 weeks, but the last few weeks you're only supposed to have one every 8 hours and I have 3 a day. Also, my gums where I hold the lozenge are very tender so I gotta get off this stuff. I tried to go without one this morning but got too skittish and put one in. I'm hoping to make it thr only one of the day. I'm going to have to try this Lifesavers in the dark thing. I'm doing do well, I don't want to start smoking again but it's time to wean myself of these lozenges. I'm on the 2 mg. 

• Edited September 3, 2020 10:48 am  by  TinyBadger
Loreficent

Sep-3

Yeah, if it’s bothering the gums, probably time to wean off. You can do that! You are pretty strong and determined. You’ve got long enough now to see how good it really feels to be smoke free too. Not that we don’t still guard our quits, but I think you’ve built a pretty strong arsenal and can take that step with faith and trust in yourself. It is just one more step on the journey. Kind of like snatching that pebble from the Kung Fu guy! I don’t know. I’m sorry. I do good with symbolism and visuals. Maybe others don’t as much. Anyway...you got us here and we are in your corner. I’m rubbing your shoulders now and humming the tune from “Rocky”. How’s that?

Im so proud of you Tiny. In so many ways. Keep the Montana stories coming too. And I think I told you wrong...it’s the Wintergreen Lifesavers that spark. I’m gonna get some today and try it again. Something I haven’t done since Stepson was like 10 or so. Kind of feeling a need to reconnect with being a kid again I guess...

TinyBadger

Sep-3

What's shaking today? Get any good walks in? Those joggers still comfy? You getting better sleep yet? Lots of questions today, but the most important thing I can ask is if there is anything I can do to help you stay smober. Need a wolpertinger story?

Jatchat

Sep-3

Hi Tiny,

Thanks for checking in, having a few rest  days from walking, I did 11 days straight of 5 miles/day. The joggers are great, with the orthotics I will need to get used to them. got 5 hrs sleep last night, better than 4 the previous night. I would just love to hear a wolpertinger story.

Four days, 5 hours, 42 minutes and 14 seconds. 131 cigarettes not smoked, saving $163.87. Life saved: 10 hours, 55 minutes.

Kind regards

Anthony

Jatchat

Sep-3

You're just to generous with your praise Tiny but thank you anyway...

TinyBadger

Sep-4

Aaahh the wolpertinger, an invasive creature here in Montana. Used to be the jackalope, but the wolpertingers chased them out. In small villages (ok, towns) near forrested areas there are dark woods. Woods that you warn your children to stay away from. But kids are idiots so the go to the edge and peer in anyway. One day a wolpertinger was spotted near the town by children, but the adults didn't believe them. The next thing you know their sauerkraut is missing. Then all their german chocolate cake. Their cabbage and carrots turned white and there were two little holes from the fangs they use to suck the vegetables dry. Yes, these bavarian vermin were on the prowl. Now Montana folk do know how to catch a critter, and so they decided they must lay out a trap. They found their fattest, slowest bunny and they tied a chicken to the top of him. They laid cheese and crackers all around him and a knife because wolpertingers are tidy and like their cheese in good squares for their crackers. For three nights nothing happened. But on the fourth day, there was a wolpertinger in the trap. He was slow and old, but there he was. A wolpertinger. Little did they know that there were more and they had laid their eggs in the grasses and moss of the forrest. Eventually the village folk gave up and started wolpertinger gardens so they could nibble on peace and the children left out cheese and crackers, and napkins, of course. And every Sunday the women of the village would pull out their finest sauerkraut and put a big bowl and forks out for the wolpertingers. Because who really eats with their paws? On special occasions there was even cake! Do be on the lookout for wolpertingers when you travel in Montana. They are brown bunnies with the wings of ptarmigans and tiny antlers. Hide your german items and guard your children as they could be poked by an antler of a surprised critter. You won't see wolpertingers in stores like jackalope. Nay, wolpertingers are our friends and we'd never lay one to rest. Most of what you see online is taxidermied trainwreck. 

JimmyP1973

Sep-4

Hi Anthony this is overdoz i deleted my account and i guess i cant reactivate the old account since i deleted it. Yeah i have been going a week and then getting so wound up that i smoke and drink as well. Have you thought maybe just praying on it, i couldn't believe i went back to smoking like its gonna be different, i was working a program to stop drinking back in the spring, and as long as i would do meetings it worked really well even for smoking believe it or not. Just as long as i did the meetings daily, they are AA zoom meetings, you probably have some in Australia. At lease we have a lot of quit time under our belt, and have saved a bunch of money right, all is not lost..