About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge Sunday May 31 ...    General Chit-Chat

Started May-31 by JerseyDee; 587 views.
Loreficent

May-31

Oh, he sounds lovely Dee.

I think all I can say is it is best to just be yourself. It’s all we have at the end of the day. So if you follow your heart and throw all else to the wind things will be what they are...

Trust yourself.

euknight

May-31

Sorry signed off.  I think you are an hour ahead of me.  I like your note.  I don’t think you need to explain anything either so kind of with Lore on that unless you made a complete A out of yourself which I doubt you did.  Take a deep breath.

I know it is exciting to meet someone you may actually date.  Was not sure I could get this out I was laughing so hard about your dates......

Anyway you are an articulate, intelligent woman who would be a catch for any guy.  But look....if you are around him and feel like 3 drinks are you going to not do that because of what he might think?  I hope your answer is no.

Stop being hard on yourself and send the text...

Lol no doubt our fellow NOPE buddies will all be cheering you on!  Indian?  Niiiiiiice.

Peggy

euknight

May-31

You got that right!!

To get back on topic....I wanted a cigarette just thinking about all that!!  Good reminder why I do not want to date.

Good luck, sweet Dee All Will all be fine.....

JerseyDee

May-31

Thank you ladies for your feedback.  I have sent the message off to him.  Now the waiting part begins.  Worse case scenario he writes back and says we are not a match.  Best case scenario he texts or calls to start talking more.  Other than that I just never hear from him again one way or the other .. so be it on that.  

But it is sent and out there now.  Sunjay Gupta it is up to you now.

CC to Loreficent
Eve1973

May-31

Hi Anthony, 

I will join you in pledging NOPE. Good job on 4 weeks! Keep going, it does get easier.

Ovivi

May-31

I’m here to pledge NOPE for today. We all smell really good today. Anyone else to pledge?

Jatchat

Jun-1

Thanks Peggy, 

Been getting the craves real bad lately in the afternoon/evening, but no way they are going to get the better of me. just love that now winter is here, getting some real cool light for photography. Early morning start this morning to catch the sunrise , took a thermos full of coffee, and was chatting to a pro-photographer down besides the river. Cool. Picked up a few tips going to cost me some money though. 

By telling others about your quit can also hold you accountable have you thought about that Peggy

Take care, big hugs

Anthony 

euknight

Jun-1

Good morning Anthony....Love that you were out in the winter weather so early tromping around.  I bet breathing thru a straw that cool air will be a good rush.  I was reading an article that said triggers may increase Day 30-120.  Craves may not be as sharp.  Guess we always have to be on the lookout.

Have the leaves fallen yet there?  I do love the Winter in that way too so I can transverse the areas that are overgrown in the warm seasons and seek out new views.  Beauty in every season.

I am beginning to understand that talking more about my experiences in the quit is important and inching toward that.  My tendency has often been if I don’t talk about it it doesn’t exist which of course is not true.  It does feel good to admit the craves and when they happen.  Thank you

Have a wonderful smoke free day

Peggy

5-8-20