About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

14 years smoke-free today :)   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Jul-24 by Liv2day; 1146 views.
Lubbercat

Jul-24

Congratulations on 14 years!  You are doing an awesome job and thank you for coming back to let us see how success works

AWESOME -- YOU HAVE 14 YEARS OF FREEDOM!!!! 

You earned your freedom by taking this One Day At A Time!! You will truly inspire so many new quitters to continue in their own journeys to freedom from this wicked tough drug addiction. 

You definitely are no sissy!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Liv2day

Jul-24

Thank you Lubbercat, I appreciate your reply :)

How is your quit going?

Liv2day

Jul-24

Thank you so much for your reply Debbie :)

Hey, you ain’t no sissy either lol... you’ve got a big milestone of 7 years coming up soon! It’s really a great feeling to be free of that addiction, isn’t it? :)

It truly is The Best Feeling! 

My family never ever thought I would quit but once I became a grandma I certainly didn't want to stink of stale icky cigarettes and it just looks so gross when old people smoke. It isn't a pretty thing at all. Our lungs were never meant to inhale poisonous smoke and we made ourselves tolerate it till we got totally hooked like the true drug addict. But, this forum and especially the old About.com smoking forum were the extra inspiration to help us both get free for life. I am forever grateful to this forum. All new quitters need to know that this is a painfully slow journey but they must hang in there like we did. Freedom feels awesome!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

slowblumer

Jul-25

Hi Liv,

Congratulations and what an inspiring message.  Keeping our quits green is so important.

I hope you celebrated yesterday.   What a milestone!.

Liv2day

Jul-25

Hi Marge & thank you so much for your well-wishes.
Grateful reflection seems to be how I now celebrate these milestones, which for me, deepens my commitment to stay on course.

Have yourself a great weekend :)

arlcruise

Jul-25

So good to hear. The light that IS at the end of the tunnel.... Thanks,,,,,

Jatchat

Jul-25

Wow! Congratulations! 14 years that's great, thanks for popping in and sharing, it really does break down to minute by minute and then adding them together especially in the early stages.

Kind regards

Anthony

Lyney

Jul-26

Wow 14 years seems like a lifetime, congratulations! Thanks for coming to support us with your message of hope, it's really inspiring for people like me. I'm on day 27 which is very early in my quit, and I'm taking it one day at a time. Thanks!