About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Newbie to Group   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Jan-20 by Jazzygirl89; 225 views.
Anne2020

Jan-20

Hi and welcome.  The first thing I would do in your shoes is to pick up a copy of Allan Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking - available on-line as it talks you through the decision to quit while you are still smoking.  If you have not yet quit, this is good start.  Not everyone picks a quit date.  Some, like me, just quit.  One day out of the blue for no reason and without a plan - just quit.  Now this approach may not work for others, it worked for me. 

The point is, every quit is personally different.  While we all generally experience the same kinds of mood swings, physical changes and hurdles, the severity, the length of time and many other factors make each quit very personal.  Some people go cold turkey, some quit with NRT's, others need a plan, some don't need or even want a plan.  The main thing is to find what works for you and do that.  

For more information and support take a read through the articles in the Forum library in the column to the extreme left.

Great to have you aboard.

Cheers  

Lubbercat

Jan-20

Welcome.  Join in on the January 2021 group discussion and you will find quite a few that are recently quit.  I am using patches and have had pretty good luck so far.  I think the main thing, while I was home, was just refusing to go buy any!  If you don't have them, you can't smoke them!  Lots of mints and hard candy to suck on.......some have used frozen grapes also.  Drink lots of ice water and post and read on here.

Good Luck