About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 2/28/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 51700 views.
Mercy (mercy164)

4/30/21

Thank you for your note of encouragement.  I have had some peace thelast few days and I am thankful. 

I hope you have a great weekend!

Mercy

9 days

BlueDahlia29

5/2/21

Hi Mercy! Congrats on 9 days. This last time I quit the cravings got so much better after day 10. You should be proud of yourself for keeping at it. Breaking free from any addiction is rarely a straight road there's often curves, valleys, and mountains along the way all you can do is be the best version of yourself today and you are.

Suzy2018

5/2/21

Thank you, Tanya - what a lovely, kind message.  I am fine - busy with family stuff (not all good) but feeling kind of resigned to it all, and not (at the moment, anyway) tempted to smoke.  A few little thoughts, but that's all, and I'm very grateful.  Hope you're feeling strong too. x

Suzy2018

5/2/21

Hi Mercy,

So glad to hear you are feeling peaceful!  I hope that continues, and I am thinking of you.

Suzy

Suzy2018

5/2/21

Hi Blue,

What a lovely message from you too.  I know it was sent to Mercy not me, but I found it really inspiring.  I'm going to be the best version of myself today - and thank you.  How are you doing?  Hope all good.

Suzy2018

5/2/21

Hi Mercy,

Hope you enjoyed Unforgotten.  We've got the Season finale of Line of Duty tonight - very excited!

I wish you had out of country calling too!   Maybe one day we will meet - that would be fun.  I'm sorry about your friend that passed away - that must have been hard - and that you have so much to contend with health-wise.  Hoping things continue to improve for you, and one thing we know is true is that smoking won't help any of it.

Sending big hugs your way.

Suzy

Cazza2468

5/2/21

Hi Miz Suzy

so glad to see you still here. I haven’t been here for a while. Been busy shoveling mulch. Kind of hard work  too ha ha. Ok stay strong. Keep training those quit muscles.  The more you exercise them , the stronger the become.  Talk soon

Caz

Mercy (mercy164)

5/3/21

How are you Blue? How is your quit going?

Mercy (mercy164)

5/3/21

Yes, things are better emotionally.  How are you? I made it to the end of Unforgettable last night. What a sad ending! I really  didn't see that coming. 

Mercy

BlueDahlia29

5/3/21

Hi there Mercy. Quits going well but I use the nicotine lozenges, am debating working at trying to get off of them  too but last time I tried the withdrawals were awful. How's your quit going?