About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 2/28/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 51702 views.
BlueDahlia29

5/3/21

Hi there Mercy. Quits going well but I use the nicotine lozenges, am debating working at trying to get off of them  too but last time I tried the withdrawals were awful. How's your quit going?

BlueDahlia29

5/3/21

Hi Suzy. Doing well thanks. A bit tired today but other than that well. How about you, how have you been? How did camping go?

boylant22

5/3/21

9+ days back on the wagon is amazing, I’m so glad for some days of peace and hope you are continuing to feel better ??

boylant22

5/3/21

I am also trying to ween myself off of the gum. I’m not sure there is a good or easy way, I have just been trying to cut back, but that way doesn’t seem to work great. Let me know if you come up with a better way or one that works for you!

Mercy (mercy164)

5/3/21

Thanks. I am getting there. I have to see some doctors this week and next. I hope that will help. : )

Mercy (mercy164)

5/3/21

I am on the step 3 patch. I feel the same way about getting off of them. When I got off of them last time, I didn't do well. I am not going to rush it this time. I am sure when I am more stable it will be easier.

Besides that, I seem to do okay until I hit around the 30 day mark. That is the real hard time for me.

Mercy (mercy164)

5/5/21

Hi,

I just wrote you in another post but I am glad you mentioned "Line of Duty" as I will start that today I think. I would love to meet one day. Maybe we can skype or something sometime. That might be fun. : )

Suzy2018

5/7/21

Hi Blue, and sorry for the slow reply - I've had loads of work this week and am knackered.

The camping was lovely - just so peaceful and quiet, with beautiful views out across the sea.

How are you doing?  Hope all is good with you apart from the tiredness.   I'm trying to remember that even though I'm feeling tired, my body is getting healthier every day.

Suzy

Suzy2018

5/7/21

Hi Tanya,

I've had the same problem every time I've quit, and actually I've NEVER been able to get off the NRT completely.  I really want this time to be different, because I think having nicotine in my body makes me vulnerable to relapse.   

At the moment I'm still on the maximum dose of nicotine lozenges and can't begin to imagine cutting down yet, but when I do feel ready my plan is to switch to patches - to break the hand to mouth thing, and also to not be responding to individual cravings - and then try and reduce those.  I think I'll miss the 'hit' of the lozenges though.

Let me know how you get on with it all.  And well done you - I've lost track of where you are in your quit, but it must be two months now?   Congratulations on that, and I wish I was where you are.  Still, at least I'm here at all.

Suzy

Suzy2018

5/7/21

Hi Missiz Caz,

I'm somehow missed your message - sorry - and a call the other day too!  Well done on the shovelling, and thanks for the encouragement - I'm up and down (more family stuff than the quit), but fine too, just overrun with work things.  Hope to talk soon!

Suzy