About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Most stressful day   General Chit-Chat

Started Aug-22 by Sassy47; 1560 views.
Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-22

Breathe!!!  Deeply!!!  Wooza!!!  punch a pillow!  eat some ice chips!  focus!  it is alot...but smoking is only going  to fix the withdrawal you are feeling...your mind has taught yourself that nicotine...makes you feel better...stress...causes Nicotene to deplete..it is all part of the BIG LIE!!!  

hugs

Diana

freckled1968

Aug-23

Hi Sassy, so sorry what you’re going through right now. This must be the ultimate stress test. I haven’t any good advice about what to do with your errant husband but I just wanted to offer some support. Please don’t smoke, it won’t do anything for you in the long run and you know you’ll regret it. Like Diana said , punch a pillow to let out some stress, scream if you want to and lots and lots of deep breaths. Please let us know how you are getting on

((((hugs)))) freckles

Jatchat

Aug-23

Please don't Sassy, smoke that is, I know it's tough, and your emotions must be almost out of control, concentrate on your breathing and take out your anger on a punching bag or pillow, Extra NRT if you are taking it, anything but smoke

Wishing you all the best

Anthony

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-23

Sassy,

I am checking in on you!!!  Last message from you was that you were on the verge...and I messaged back as quickly as i could!  Girl, even if you failed last night...I get it!  but please check in!  

Hugs

Diana

Sassy47

Aug-24

Unfortunately I broke dow yesterday morning and bought a pack and then another and another.  I am starting again on Thursday.  It's a very stressful time

Anne2020

Aug-24

No surprise there sweetheart.  Who wouldn't break down under your circumstances.  I know I would have.  Take a little bit of time to gather yourself back up, dust yourself off and rebuild.  That's what I said to myself when I faced such a devesting blow to my marriage.  It can really nock the stuffing out of you and it takes awhile before you can find the strength to carry on.  Take time for yourself and know that this is not something you can recover from quickly. 

You will be rebuilding yourself for next while so don't expect to much from yourself.  If you can find the strength to quit smoking in the midst of  all of this, you will find it very helpful in strengthening your self-esteem and minimize anxiety and stress.  Cause, as we all know, smoking causes stress and anxiety right not relieves it!  You can use that 'I quit smoking' as a part of your new ICON.  Rise up a whole new and improved you who won't tolerate a cheating, lying or smoking partner.   And, the pickings for a new relationship open up significantly when non-smokers can be added to your list of potentials - Just sayin.

I feel for ya girl - I truly do - but you have to use this time to rise and shine to a more authentic non-smokin you and you will be so glad you did. 

Now is the time to look after yourself and do what's right for you.    

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-24

Hi Sassy!

Thank you for checking back in!  Sorry that you lost your quit...but I understand the stress...and am glad you are going to regroup and try again!

Look forward to Thursday!  That will be my 3 week mark!

Hugs

Diana

Sassy47

Aug-24

Thanks.  Great words of encouragement ?  I will read it a few times every day!