About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 9/3/21 by slowblumer; 28825 views.
Denim50

11/1/21

Hey Dipo, 

I’m glad you didn’t give up. I’m sorry that I didn’t respond sooner. I wasn’t feeling too good and was off the forum for four days. I try not to be off too long at a time though. Congratulations on reaching six weeks smoke free last Thursday. I hope you celebrated your wonderful milestone and did something special for yourself. You’ll be celebrating seven weeks soon too and have so much to be proud of. I’m happy for you too. I’ve said it before but these milestones represent so much, not only because of how far you’ve come but because of what it takes to reach them but you did it and that’s a wonderful achievement! I look forward to celebrating week seven with you too. Please post again and let me know how you’re doing. You’re not alone with your quit here. I wish you the best and hope to hear from you again soon. 

Have a great day.  

Denim50

11/1/21

Hey 48yrsmokin, 

I haven’t heard back from you, how are you doing? I hope all is good, please post again when you get a chance. I look forward to hearing from you. Remember you’re not alone with your quit. Stay close to the forum and reach out anytime. We’re all here for you. You’ll be celebrating eight weeks in a couple of days too. That’s wonderful! 

Have a great day.  

Dipo (diposs)

11/1/21

Thanks Denim50! Hope you are feeling better now!

Really appreciate all the post and comments- sometimes I forget how far its got (and really how hard it was the first few weeks). 

Am really looking forward to this journey ?

Denim50

11/2/21

Hey Dipo, 

Thank you so much for the good wishes. They’re greatly appreciated. I’m so happy about how positive you are, that’s so great to hear. The journey is certainly one worth taking. I continue to wish you all the best and I’m looking forward to celebrating another amazing milestone with you Thursday.
Hugs. 

Have a great day.  

Denim50

11/2/21

Hey 48yrsmokin, 

How are you doing? I haven’t heard back from you recently. Whatever is going on, please know there’s support here for you and I hope I hear from you again soon. 

Have a great day.  

Denim50

11/3/21

Hey 48yrsmokin, 

Congratulations on 8 weeks today! Please post and let us know how your doing. I haven’t heard from you since that rough patch. You don’t have to go through those alone. We’re here to support you and wish you only the best. I look forward to hearing from you and hope all is well. Best wishes. 

Have a great day.  

48yrsmokin

11/4/21

Thanks Denim. I'm still on the wagon sort of. Had a few puffs of sitting ciggarette at a party a week ago. But haven't since and back on track. Telling myself not to give in again you know what happened last time  I let the dark side in. So back on the good thoughts. Been very busy getting things done before the real cold sets in. Seen some snow pellets yesterday while out working. But nothing more than a few lake affect bands of snow and drizzle in northern Indiana.  So I've been staying busy to out run the side effects of the QUIT.  So Thanks for watching out for me. Need someone to watch my 6. Cuz it seems like when things happen they just come out of the blue.    time to get at it. Projects waiting.    Later Ed G.

Denim50

11/4/21

Hey Dipo, 

Congratulations on seven weeks smoke free and another wonderful milestone! I hope you’re off enjoying the day and celebrating. I hope you reward yourself with something special too. Reaching these milestones is definitely something to celebrate. I also hope, as we move closer to the weekend, that you have a wonderful weekend ahead. Again, congratulations and yay you! 

Have a great day.  

• Edited November 4, 2021 6:03 pm  by  Denim50
Lubbercat

11/5/21

Congratulations on 7 weeks smoke free.........You are doing this one day at a time, just keep saying NOPE

Denim50

11/5/21

Hey Ed, 

I’m so happy to hear that you didn’t let that puff detour your quit. That happens so often. I’m so glad you found the strength to carry on without them and continue on your smoke free journey. That’s great news! So proud of you too. I know it isn’t easy but you’re doing it, so yay you! 

I know what you mean, I still have a couple of things that I want to get completed before the snowy weather arrives too. Hopefully anyway. I’m working on it. We’ll see I guess. Good luck with things there too. Staying busy really is a great distraction, so I’m glad there’s that added bonus of it for you too. 

You’re very welcome. I’m glad to be here.  

You’re right about things out of the blue, both during cessation and in life in general. Currently facing one of those myself but hopefully it’ll all work out okay. Anyway…. 

I’m so glad you posted again. It really is good to hear from you and to know you’re staying with it. You can do it and your two month milestone is coming up soon too. That’s great! 

I’m going to post this now so that you’ll see I’ve answered. I’ve also got a few things that I need to try to do today. Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend ahead. Talk again soon. 

Have a great day.  

• Edited November 5, 2021 11:36 am  by  Denim50