About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Quit Day Prep   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 10/7/21 by kern3; 1664 views.
In reply toRe: msg 17
Denim50

10/22/21

Hey Kern, 

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking and on your new job. I wish you all the best with both. That’s quite a bit you’ve got going on. Did you manage to start your quit today? If so, how is it going? If not, please let us know that too. By posting where you’re at with your quit, it not only provides you with support for it but it also let’s us know how best to support you with it. Stay close, read, post, and join in. We’re happy to have you here with us. 

Have a great day.  

kern3

10/22/21

Thank you, once again.  I didn't smoke zero but made progress and only smoked 3 today.  My biggest problem is patience, so far.  I also need to learn how to ask for help and work on a suggestion in one of my readings of posting if I want to smoke then wait for 3 responses.

• Edited October 23, 2021 9:16 am  by  slowblumer
In reply toRe: msg 19
Jatchat

10/24/21

Patience ,perseverance, character, hope a well known biblical phrase, I struggle with patience also kern, I have found that diverting your attention away from the main task while maintaining abstinence works for me, I exercise regularly and eat wholesome foods, fruit and nuts feature heavily in my diet, and I always have a plan for what I will do on the day, no matter how trivial. Good luck with your quit

Kind regards

Anthony