About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/5/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 8648 views.
Jatchat

12/7/21

Hi Kathy, 

I nipped them in the bud last night the rough feeling that is after tea I had a a quick burst of spray/mist and that settled my anxious thoughts/feelings down and soon I started feeling sleepy so I went to bed, that's a great idea switching your routine around, maybe I will not need the spray then. all is well this morning the birds are tweeting and soon the sun will rise take care and have a good day/night

Lubbercat

12/8/21

Anthony

Hoping day 4 is going well for you?  Just keep moving forward with NOPE!

Jatchat

12/8/21

Hi Kathy,

It's a trial, and test of my resilience, hoping like hell that I can make it through, I will be seeing my face to face quit smoking counsellor today at 10 am, I am hoping to book another day in a weeks time. Am relying on the mist spray Have changed my routine. That has helped. 

How far are you into your quit, do you not think about smoking at the moment? I look forward to that day, I am ok in the middle of the day, don't think about smoking much.

Hope you have had a good day

Lubbercat

12/8/21

Anthony

Good to hear you are seeing the quit smoking counselor today.......I really think that might be your best help.  I spent a lot of days in a counselor's office but, not so much related to quitting smoking.  

I am just past 4 months and as much as I wish I could tell you I don't think about it, I do!  The good news is, I don't think about it near as often as I used to and when I do, most of the time it is just a fleeting thought.  There are still times when I struggle but, that has a lot to do with the level of stress I have been under with the car troubles, baby shower, company coming into town, and the holidays on top of that.  I can tell you with each week that passes, I think about it less.......that is the best news of all.  I look forward to the day that I never think about it but, not sure that day will ever come living with a smoker.

Hope you have a fabulous smoke free day!

Jatchat

12/8/21

It is good today that I'm seeing my counsellor, she will motivate me to continue on, my wife is under a lot of stress just now and has been diagnosed with shingles poor dear, she is smoking more heavily as a consequence, hence I am being tempted more, hopefully this will pass, Great that you are at  4 months that's a significant quit. I should be there, but the reality is I am not,so many quits I have blown through one cigarette, In grow we have a saying I can compel my muscles and limbs to do the right thing, that precludes reaching for a cigarette definitely not the right thing. Ican't believe all the harm that cigarettes do to organs of the body, heart lungs brain throat circulation it is endless, we are far better off without them, onwards and upwards I say, hope your stress eases and that you can relax into your quit, accept that your partner smokes, there's nothing we can do about that including taking responsibility for them.

Kind regards Kathy

Anthony

Msg 6911.20 deleted
Lubbercat

12/9/21

Anthony

Your poor wife, I do feel badly for her with shingles, that sucks!  Very painful..........

I am fortunate right now that my husband is out of state until Christmas.......I get a break from that temptation.  I can tell you that beating yourself up for not being further will only make matters worse and look at how many cigarettes you have NOT smoked, even if you have had some slips.  That is significant to your health!  Coming from someone who actually has emphysema, you really need to quit for your health!

Hope today is awesome for you

Kathy

Jatchat

12/9/21

Thanks Kathy, yes you're right, just concentrate on what I have, a regular quit. with temptation. I am sorry to hear about your emphysema, you have a very good reason to quit.

It is raining very hard here the radar is yellow with splotches of red, intense! Trust you are finding it easier with your partner away, less confronting that is, his smoking. The wife is not smoking as frequently at the moment, all she wants to do is sleep. that willl be good for her. Today we have to try and get her into an opthalmologist, because her eye is in danger of losing sight,, she has cream anantibiotic I think to place in her eye every 4 hours, the GP gave her that yesterday.

Onward we go, help is on it's way, thanks for the chat

Kind regards

Anthony

In reply toRe: msg 22
Jatchat

12/11/21

Wife hasn't smoked for three days what with shingles and all, could this be the start of a quit, she says they just want to make her puke. Keeping fingers crossed, Meanwhile doing all I can to make her feel comfortable, the side of her face looks terrible, swollen and red, taking heaps of meds plus antibiotic eye ointment, praying for her quick recovery.

Meanwhile no cigarettes 19 hours, 41 minutes and 41 seconds. 12 cigarettes not smoked, saving $17.81. Life saved: 1 hour, 0 minutes.

Kind regards

Anthony