About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/5/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 9089 views.
Mercy (mercy164)

12/13/21

Hi Anthony,

Glad to see you on here. I hope today is going well for you. I am still hanging around with a few months now. Truthfully, I don't know how many days exactly unless I look at my quitmeter. It is easier for me to just check in every once in a while. Today has been a bit of a struggle, but still okay. I hope you are enjoying the holiday season. : )

Mercy

Jatchat

12/13/21

Hi Mercy,

Thanks for the greeting, I have just got back from a Christmas party, just sandwiches and Christmas cake and grapes and watermelon plus a cup of tea, good company. The real good news is that my wife has given up smoking,,, hope it lasts, Going away for Christmas up North to be with friends, both non-smokers. win win. 

Trust your health issues are settling down, I've finished my course of anti-inflammatories for my shoulder and elbow should be able to get into the weights again next year. This time I will pace myself. 

This quit is going well, so far, Two days, 17 hours, 39 minutes and 2 seconds. 41 cigarettes not smoked, saving $59.39. Life saved: 3 hours, 25 minutes.

Now I don't have the temptation of smokes in the house, they're all gone ,wife gave them to a neighbour.

All the best for the Holiday season

Kind regards

Anthony

Lubbercat

12/14/21

Anthony

Great to hear you doing so well and that your wife has quit with you!  That will make this process much easier on both of you.  

Hope you have a great day!

Jatchat

12/14/21

Hi Kathy,

Yes, best news ever I am so stoked. Yes she has gone one week today, keeping my fingers crossed that it will last for both of us, no cigarettes in the house now, phew!

Heading up North for a few days over Christmas to stay with friends, hope it goes well.

Trust you have a good holiday season,

Kind regards

Anthony

overdoze

12/14/21

back on the saddle again..

Day 1

overdoze

12/14/21

Hi Mercy sounds like your doing good, good to hear.

I have been mostly quit for a couple years, just need to make it consistent. Im moving to a 100% non smoking building so hopefully that will help.

timmy777

12/15/21

That is nice positive way to look at it overdoze, think about how many days you have spent over the last few years not smoking. Hope the new place goes well and best of luck with your new quit.

Jatchat

12/15/21

Good for you.

I hope the new premises are the beginning of a non-smoking future

I am on day 4, the Mrs has just had a smoke end of a seven day quit

Lubbercat

12/15/21

Overdoze

Hopefully being in a non smoking building will help you to hold onto your quit.  Best of luck to you!

Lubbercat

12/15/21

Anthony

Sorry to hear your wife had a slip but, hopefully you can help her get restarted.  Good for you on day 4!