About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Dec-5 by Terry (abquitsmking); 8398 views.
Lubbercat

Dec-6

Anthony

I think this sounds like a great plan for you!  I can tell you that I gained some weight but not much and now after hitting 4 months, I have started losing weight again, my energy levels are coming back up slowly and I am getting things done.  

Good luck and I will be here cheering you on!

Kathy

Jatchat

Dec-6

Thanks Cathy,

I had a torrid time last night but I managed to resist the temptation to smoke, I rang the I can Quit line and received some helpful advice. "You need nicotine but not cigarette", she  said, so I used the Mist., Great that you continue on with your quit Cathy, that is perseverance, well done.

overdoze

Dec-6

Hey Anthony, i agree focusing on one goal or two is the way to do it. You plant the seed and then wait for it to take root. Im back on day 2 i believe of being quit. Been tired lately, going to bed have a good night.

Jatchat

Dec-7

Its something new for me just having three goals max, I to am on 2 days heading into my third, I am using a patch 21mg and the Nicotine Mist spray occasionally. great to see you still trying, we never give up quitting, good luck don't get to stressed, my worst trigger time is after tea, the cravings are intense, rang quitline the counsellor said more nicotine no cigarettes. I used the spray and it worked , I felt calmer...

Lubbercat

Dec-7

Anthony

Sorry to hear you are having some rough times but happy that you resisted!  I see below you mention "after tea time" and just a thought, for a while I had to switch some things up.......the time I drank my coffee and in the evenings what I drank.....even had to switch up my shower time as well and where I always sat........just something to think about if you can figure out the times that really bother you!

Lubbercat

Dec-7

Overdoze

Good to see you still on here trying!  Good luck on day 3

overdoze

Dec-7

I talked with my counselor yesterday and this may have some parallels with quitting smoking. I was kinda scared moving and we did an exercise of a decision table. You decide what you want to do, steps you have to take, and what impact that will have on our lives. The difficult part is marking on a scale of 1 being the weakest to 5 go to any lengths of how sure you are that you will succeed, and then between 1-5 how you think that decision will impact your life. 

I hear ya about sleep, recently i had a lightbulb moment, of who would of thunk it.. That i have also been having sleeping problems, but i also have been drinking 5-8 cups of coffee a day. So im trying to cut back to only 1 or 2, and i got naturally tired one night. Hope that helps, thanks for the encouragement im on day 4, and i did decide to move, its a totally non smoking building has a fitness room, so all positive energy

• Edited December 7, 2021 8:52 am  by  overdoze
overdoze

Dec-7

Thank you, good luck on your journey as well.

Jatchat

Dec-7

Hi there, Sounds a lot like Motivational Interviewing, Yeah, sometimes I could do with that, a decision table yeah, great stuff, I knocked over the lawn yesteday 2 and a 1/2 hrs exercise, I drink max 4 cups of coffee a day and all before 12:00 PM. I slept last night 7 and a half hours a record for me normally its about 6 hrs. I am in day 3 of my quit. I t's great you have moved and have an exercise room, fresh premises - No Smoking yes?

Going to a Mens breakfast this morning all to do with our church. Keep the Spirit moving, or positive energy, Hope you have a good day and well done on three days done and soon to be four

Jatchat

Dec-7

Hi Kathy, 

I nipped them in the bud last night the rough feeling that is after tea I had a a quick burst of spray/mist and that settled my anxious thoughts/feelings down and soon I started feeling sleepy so I went to bed, that's a great idea switching your routine around, maybe I will not need the spray then. all is well this morning the birds are tweeting and soon the sun will rise take care and have a good day/night