About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/5/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 8608 views.
Mercy (mercy164)

Jan-3

Thanks for writing. It is always nice to hear from you.

Jatchat

Jan-3

Great work Quit4ever, your on track now ready to squash that nicodemon.

Jatchat

Jan-3

Thanks Kathy, yes it is a shame about my wife, but then I know what it is like being in the thick of addiction, I have 41 years of experience.

It's a great relief to be out of the woods so to speak, onwards and upwards, there is no other way

Lubbercat

Jan-4

HerbSouth

Sorry, I can't see anything here except for a blank post.........

Lubbercat

Jan-4

Anthony

I just keep moving forward and hoping some day my husband will join me in this.  If he does not, hopefully I will be able to care for him.

Lubbercat

Jan-4

Mercy

It is always great to hear from you as well.  Keep us updated on how school is going, as well as your quit!

Jatchat

Jan-5

Yes, I dread the thought of looking after my wife in her senior years, when debilitated from the effects of smoking`. Of course I will do it, I love her dearly, I just hope that she would wale up from her delusional reality that smoking creates. Last night she coughed, and it had a real cackle to it, like there was tar in her lungs, I mentioned it and she said it's because I have been on the phone to my girlfriend and talking to much, go figure? I once worked at a Uni and when I was taking a smoke break one of my supervisors walked by and mentioned that smoking was akin to slow assisted suicide. that has stuck in my mind ever since, well now I am defeating those judgments about my future, I Pray that the mercy and grace of God will suffice and see me through withdrawal.

In Christ

Anthony

• Edited January 5, 2022 11:35 am  by  Jatchat
Lubbercat

Jan-5

Anthony

I get where you are coming from with dreading taking care of and yet knowing you will do it!  I will most likely be caring for my husband for smoking and obesity issues so, hopefully I will be healthy enough to do just that.  Some days I wonder if maybe he will end up having to care for me instead if he will bother doing that.  

Oh well, we do the best we can do and just go on from there.

Hope today is treating you well and I am going to go home and try starting my exercise/walking routine and see if that helps me out some!

Kathy

Jatchat

Jan-6

Obesity to, our partners are so alike, yes I wonder to, if my partner will look after me, she says she will, after 42 years of smoking I would be naieve not to think some damage had been done, yet I press on towards the goal of 28 days smoke free, I am at  26 days now, and in anticipation getting ready to set another goal, can't look to far forward, just settle with a day at a time

Walking and stretch exercises are part of my daily routine, and believe me it works I feel invigorated after a 1 hour walk, about 5 Km, just walk up the hill past the hospital, (where angels fear to tread) and follow the river to Hanging Rock, pause take in the view and proceed through the streets in a circular route back home.

I hope you went for your walk, gently does it at first, get Dr's advice if need be, my Dr said if everyone walked at least half an hour each day he would go out of business, that's how important it is to our wellbeing.

In Christ

Anthony

• Edited January 7, 2022 2:20 pm  by  Jatchat