About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Dec-5 by Terry (abquitsmking); 8415 views.
Lubbercat

Dec-7

Anthony

Sorry to hear you are having some rough times but happy that you resisted!  I see below you mention "after tea time" and just a thought, for a while I had to switch some things up.......the time I drank my coffee and in the evenings what I drank.....even had to switch up my shower time as well and where I always sat........just something to think about if you can figure out the times that really bother you!

Lubbercat

Dec-7

Overdoze

Good to see you still on here trying!  Good luck on day 3

overdoze

Dec-7

I talked with my counselor yesterday and this may have some parallels with quitting smoking. I was kinda scared moving and we did an exercise of a decision table. You decide what you want to do, steps you have to take, and what impact that will have on our lives. The difficult part is marking on a scale of 1 being the weakest to 5 go to any lengths of how sure you are that you will succeed, and then between 1-5 how you think that decision will impact your life. 

I hear ya about sleep, recently i had a lightbulb moment, of who would of thunk it.. That i have also been having sleeping problems, but i also have been drinking 5-8 cups of coffee a day. So im trying to cut back to only 1 or 2, and i got naturally tired one night. Hope that helps, thanks for the encouragement im on day 4, and i did decide to move, its a totally non smoking building has a fitness room, so all positive energy

• Edited December 7, 2021 8:52 am  by  overdoze
overdoze

Dec-7

Thank you, good luck on your journey as well.

Jatchat

Dec-7

Hi there, Sounds a lot like Motivational Interviewing, Yeah, sometimes I could do with that, a decision table yeah, great stuff, I knocked over the lawn yesteday 2 and a 1/2 hrs exercise, I drink max 4 cups of coffee a day and all before 12:00 PM. I slept last night 7 and a half hours a record for me normally its about 6 hrs. I am in day 3 of my quit. I t's great you have moved and have an exercise room, fresh premises - No Smoking yes?

Going to a Mens breakfast this morning all to do with our church. Keep the Spirit moving, or positive energy, Hope you have a good day and well done on three days done and soon to be four

Jatchat

Dec-7

Hi Kathy, 

I nipped them in the bud last night the rough feeling that is after tea I had a a quick burst of spray/mist and that settled my anxious thoughts/feelings down and soon I started feeling sleepy so I went to bed, that's a great idea switching your routine around, maybe I will not need the spray then. all is well this morning the birds are tweeting and soon the sun will rise take care and have a good day/night

Lubbercat

Dec-8

Anthony

Hoping day 4 is going well for you?  Just keep moving forward with NOPE!

Jatchat

Dec-8

Hi Kathy,

It's a trial, and test of my resilience, hoping like hell that I can make it through, I will be seeing my face to face quit smoking counsellor today at 10 am, I am hoping to book another day in a weeks time. Am relying on the mist spray Have changed my routine. That has helped. 

How far are you into your quit, do you not think about smoking at the moment? I look forward to that day, I am ok in the middle of the day, don't think about smoking much.

Hope you have had a good day

Lubbercat

Dec-8

Anthony

Good to hear you are seeing the quit smoking counselor today.......I really think that might be your best help.  I spent a lot of days in a counselor's office but, not so much related to quitting smoking.  

I am just past 4 months and as much as I wish I could tell you I don't think about it, I do!  The good news is, I don't think about it near as often as I used to and when I do, most of the time it is just a fleeting thought.  There are still times when I struggle but, that has a lot to do with the level of stress I have been under with the car troubles, baby shower, company coming into town, and the holidays on top of that.  I can tell you with each week that passes, I think about it less.......that is the best news of all.  I look forward to the day that I never think about it but, not sure that day will ever come living with a smoker.

Hope you have a fabulous smoke free day!