About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New Quit Jan 2022   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Jan-3 by JavaNY; 2478 views.
SusanK1960

Jan-5

Hi there!  Good to read from you again!  grinning  I hope your quit is going swimmingly!  How were the holidays?

Quit4ever

Jan-9

Hi.  How is the quit going?

I know forums work, so I'm sticking to the forum and am 2 weeks smober.

Quit4ever 

. .

JavaNY

Jan-9

Hi. Thanks for checking. It is 1 week for me. It is going OK. The weekend was harder than the 4 days I worked. Fortunately, cold and quiet here (NY) so I didn't go out. 

I've been tired and slept longer most of the week. I guess there are worse things. 

Cheers,

Quit4ever

Jan-10

Totally understand.   I am sleeping my way thru the first weeks of my quit.  Less hours to struggle.  It will get better.

Quit4ever 

. .

xvaper

Jan-10

Hello Fellow New Yorker!

I also broke 4 month of quit during lockdown. I believed, like so many of us have been fooled o believe, that smoking Alleviates stress. Well, it did nothing for me except making me feel worse from the effects of smoking and depress me further, because I was sitting there smoking away instead of doing productive things. 

I am happy to now report 6 months of my forever quit. This con has worked together with the powerful nicotine addiction that forever changed our brains to keep us trapped and fall pray to it. It sounds like such a cliche but it really comes down to never taking another puff ever. There is (logically) no situation what so ever that would necessitate lighting up. Easier said then done but I find this Forum incredibly helpful and supportive.

You can do this again.

JavaNY

Jan-10

We just need to keep at it. A few people told me they had insomnia for a while after they quit. I guess everyone's chemistry is different.

JavaNY

Jan-10

Without a doubt, nobody who has been a smoker can have a cig any more than an alcoholic can have 1 drink.

I had dinner with some longtime friends in December. One quit 13 years ago and has not had a puff since. He read an article on people who had been diagnosed as terminal and what they wanted to do. Spend time with children, go to space, travel, etc. My friend said he would buy a carton of Marlboro Red. After 13 years that is what popped into his mind. 

IainZAR

Jan-12

Hi JavaNY, 

Hope the quit s going well? I felt bad after 4 years of smoking never mind 40, thinking of you and sending my best and strength!

Lubbercat

Jan-12

JavaNY

Congratulations on 10 days quit now!  That is more then 1 week so you are doing great.  Just keep moving forward.  

I get the losing a good quit, I had quit for almost 3 years and fell back off.  That was like 7 years ago and I am now past 5 months on this quit but, it took me like 2 years to get here.