About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

May 2022 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Apr-30 by Denim50; 2007 views.
Jerthie123

May-27

Thank you for your words of encouragement Andrew.  The pouches you mention, sound a lot like the lozenges I am using.  I do believe I can quit completely, if I choose to, ad you say, STAY quit.  It is wonderful that you have five days of quit success under your belt.

I find that what helps me most to quit or at least lengthen the amount of time spent between sucking the lozenges, is staying busy.  Keeping my mind clear and sharp and focused on getting things done, rather than giving leeway to ruminating over a lozenge.  Once I hit a patch of laziness, I give my mind license to daydream about sucking on a lozenge.  Once I daydream about a lozenge, I contemplate on it, I ruminate and focus on sucking the lozenge.  Before I know it, I convince myself that I miss lozenges and need one at that very moment.

So one of the keys for me is stay busy and keep my mind clear and fresh!  I hope this suggestion helps both of us out.  As always, I wish you the best!

In reply toRe: msg 14
xvaper

Jun-2

The 'Habit' we are talking about is no different than the habit of crack addict putting a pipe to their mouth, or a heroin addict who swears they love the ceremony habit of the needle preparation and puncture. Nicotine is just more readily acceptable and available. It's not a habit, it's connotation. The link between circumstances under which the drug is delivered (after meal) , and delivery method, (cigarette) . An animal figures out that when it is thirsty, it can go to the brook nearby and drink water, which would quench its thirst. It's not a habit, it is survival learning mechanism. And guess what, nicotine hijacks your brain part that deals with learning to survive, so that it views nicotine satisfaction on the same level as getting drink and food.

A habit is eating a toast for breakfast every day, or being late.

Anne2020

Jun-2

YEAH!!!! The first of the 'icky 3's' and you passed.  WELL DONE.  The most important step is the first step.  Now you have built a foundation.  You can build on it for the rest of your life.  

Do no underestimate the power of the first 3-4 days.  Without them, you wouldn't have anything to build on. 

Wow, you are on your way to a smoke free lifestyle.

CELEBRATE!!!!  Congrats GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY