About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Day 1again!   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 5/5/22 by Devildog2147; 14361 views.
Loreficent

Aug-7

That’s great! I’m glad it is helpful. Can’t remember how I stumbled on it. Carr is good and has helped so many folks, but not enough depth into understanding the addiction for me, so I thought the ebook was a great supplement.

My mind always comes up with 10 new questions for every answer I receive joy. I’ve always considered it a great gift to have an inquisitive mind, though it has also gotten me into trouble some, lol. I know the price for questioning authority at times. Have never regretted it though! 
It is also nice to be finding the balance of just accepting some things too. Acceptance of my addict was a huge factor for me. Huge.

It is funny how we can offer such a tremendous amount of acceptance at times to others, and yet it can be difficult to afford ourselves the same grace. 

candrew

Aug-7

Correction to my instruction to access your private message.

Ignore this post - I wrote the right instructions.

Andrew

Jatchat

Aug-7

Trust you are doing well

candrew

Aug-7

Anthony,

Thanks so much for checking up on me. You were one of the first persons that I posted to when joining this site. I have always had you in my mind and wish you the best in your efforts to quit this nasty habit.

Good day,

Andrew

Jerthie123

Aug-7

Thank you!!! I finally saw it! I didn't know you could scroll further down lol! This is so kind of you to share! Very grateful for you!!!

Jerthie123

Aug-7

Thank you Andrew! I saw the outline of your message. I will read it tomorrow, as I am getting to bed now. Thank you for sharing your story with me!

In reply toRe: msg 105
tonypfan

Aug-12

Good evening, forum members :  Just checking in.  I remain smoke free.  A bit scared that it has been so easy.  So when is the shoe gonna fall off?  Know what I mean?  My breath is coming back.  I’m not gaining weight.  More energy.  No more slinking around.  No more slavery.  

Thanks in advance for your continued support.  Some of you, like Loreficent, are so wise in their postings and definitely reassure my decision to Quit.  To all of you, thank you for guarding me with your lives.  

Great job Anthony!  Just take it one day at a time.  That's all any of us at any stage of this can really do.  Even after 4 years, there's no telling that something could cause me to take one puff and I'd be back at Day 1 again.  The urges are obviously very small now, but I wouldn't be the first person this has happened to and I will continue to fight to stay smoke free.

tonypfan

Aug-13

How true, Cindi.  If we are not vigilant and if don’t do our daily due diligence, why, low and behold, we are all susceptible to relapse.  So for sure we must guard our thoughts.  

Rassister

Aug-13

Hello Liz,

Congratulations on your tenth year quit.  I remember you from 2015 when I was attempting to quit for good soon after my granddaughter was born.  You provide much support and encouragement to me.  Unfortunately, it took me three more years to get my mindset straight!  You were still there in 2018 encouraging others to finally put down the cigarettes.  It has been almost four and a half years now.  I do not think about smoking anymore but I am truly grateful that I found this forum to support me when I finally stopped rationalizing my addiction and put down my last cigarette.  

Marilyn