About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Day 1again!   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 5/5/22 by Devildog2147; 14347 views.
Loreficent

Sep-25

https://whyquit.com/ffn/

Hi Jerthie!

Let me know if that link doesn’t work. The book is a little funky to navigate. Only in the sense of going back or ahead. But it is full of information that will help you understand the addiction to nicotine.

Anne sent a link a couple of weeks ago that I thought was really beneficial. Not sure where that is but the woman’s name is Nasia Davos and she has a lot of videos on YouTube. If you put “CBQ Method quit smoking” in the YouTube search they will come up. I’ve been watching a lot of them and they are excellent! 

Hope you are doing well all around! Haven’t seen Andrew much for a while. I wrote him several days ago to check in but haven’t heard back. My notifications were broken on here for a while and I lost touch for a few weeks of posts and replies. They are fixed now and that has been a huge help.

Hang in there Jerthie! 

Jerthie123

Sep-27

Thanks so much Lorificent!!!

Jerthie123

Sep-28

Oh no! Lore, everyone I just wrote out the most poignant message describing everything I have been going through these last two months and it did not post! Oh well! My day must go on! I will re-write another semblance of it later today because I would like to share with you all the great complexity of emotions I have felt for the last 8 weeks... And how I thought nicotine in the form of the lozenges was relieving me of crippling anxiety, when in actuality it was exasperating my suffering! A lot has happened for me emotionally in my personal life, and as a result my use of the lozenges increased from 8 a day to 10 a day to 12 a day. I thought the lozenges were relieving me and helping me deal with additional emotional stress in my life, but honestly, they just left me wanting and wanting for another and another. I thought the lozenges were helping me to heal and move on from turmoil because the turmoil was so great, I was not doing my regular everyday things. I will end this post here because I have to go. I will continue though! So much has happened, hence I have not been as active as I used to be. Thank you to Lorificent who shared the link to the e-book for me, and to the rest of you all who have put up with my on and off quit journey. Good day!

Loreficent

Sep-28

Oh Jerthie…

I feel your pain on the disappearing post! It’s happened to me also. Not often, but it surely is frustrating when it does. 
Im glad you are reading that ebook. It is full of good stuff. I believe that having an underlying understanding of our nicotine addiction is not just beneficial but I believe it is essential to understand and accept it so that we can deal with the addiction. 

I think what you are saying here is that you are beginning to understand that the nicotine is not helping your anxiety but actually worsening it. Well…I think you are 100% spot on with that realization. 

Im excited to hear more about the things you are learning and discovering on your journey! It is never a matter of any of us “putting up” with anyone here. We are all aware of the struggle and conviction that is required to quit nicotine and we are all here to support each other no matter where one is on their individual journey. 

Talk soon! 

P.S.  Lore or Lori is fine! Folks use both. 

• Edited September 28, 2022 12:13 pm  by  Loreficent