About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VIV MOVING FORWARD    Quit Stories and Journals

Started 8/24/15 by VIV691; 78701 views.
Denim50

Oct-31

Hey Viv, 

So glad we’re on this journey together. I see you found the pm’s at the top of the screen. Thank you so much for your message too.

Charity is fine but feeling coerced isn’t. If you’re not comfortable with it or feel that what they’re saying is untrue about you agreeing to support them, I wouldn’t do it. It should be your choice. Anyway, it seems to me that if you agreed to such a thing you’d remember. Sounds like they’re trying to force something but that’s only my opinion. I know what you mean about the three. It would get on my nerves too if someone was trying to argue with me, saying I agreed to something that I didn’t, but thankfully we’re staying strong. It’s not worth losing our quits over. So yeah, YAY YOU on not smoking. So proud of you Viv! Keep going. Hugs. 

• Edited October 31, 2019 8:05 pm  by  Denim50
Denim50

Nov-13

Hey Viv, 

How did your hubby’s appointment go? Everything okay? How was the reunion? I hope you had a wonderful time. I hope you’re getting out and enjoying a bit of the warmer weather. It is so cold here today. I’m cooking a big pot of soup today. Good day for it. You’re really doing awesome with this quit. It won’t be long until you’re celebrating your three month milestone. So happy for you Viv. Hope you’re having a great day.  

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-13

The appointment has been put on hold.  We have bushfires all around the town and roads closed etc.    They will ring him when they have a vacancy.     His voice is fine now.      I also had a cough and croaky voice so I think we just picked up a virus.    With his past history dr. likes to be sure.

Thanks for caring.

Viv

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-13

Hello   I forgot to tell you about the reunion.  My son booked the accommodation and said he wanted up market............great accommodation and food.........Only my sister still smokes so really no incentives to smoke which was good. 

xxViv

(((Viv))) - I'm so glad to see you back at the Forum! I always enjoyed our chats. Remember on those not-so-great days: I am stronger than this challenge and this challenge is making me stronger!

I'm not sure what part of Aussie you call home but I hope are safe from the fires threatening so many homes.

Hugs, Jenn

Denim50

Nov-16

Hey Viv, 

I’m sorry to hear about the bushfires. Please stay safe and I hope they get them under control soon. Sending love, good thoughts, and heartfelt wishes to all affected by them. 

I’m also sorry to hear you’ve had a cough too but glad to hear it may be nothing more than a virus you both had. I think it good the doctor wants to check him to be sure but still hoping a simple virus is all it was. Wishing both of you the best of good health. 

So happy you had a wonderful time at your family reunion. It’s great that everyone has quit smoking, with the exception of your sister but hopefully she’ll quit too. 

I apologize for not answering sooner. I’ve been having a few health issues again myself the past couple days but doing a bit better this evening, thankfully. 

Talk again soon.  

• Edited November 16, 2019 9:26 pm  by  Denim50
VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-17

Hi, Thanks for your post.  I love it that you keep in touch.    I am coming up to 3 months and I am determined to make this quit stick.      There is too much smoke in the air at the moment to be smoking, which is good.    But of course it will be better when the fires are totally under control.    We are perfectly safe in town, but I do feel for the people in the country who have stock.

We asked for our dog to be clipped while she was in the kennels when we were away.  They couldn't do it because they were too busy looking after pets of people who had been evacuated from the fire zone.

This would be shocking weather to be smoking in....lol.

Hugs

Viv

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-17

Hi Jenn,  How lovely to hear from you.     Oh goodness, some of the quits I have thrown away.       For some reason I think this is the one.  We have been to a family reunion.   My sister is the only smoker and somehow it did not look so good and tempting....now that is progress.         I will yell out on my 10th anniversary....lol........Lovely to see your tribute to Foster Frank on your post and enjoy a few memories of this lovely man.

Hugs to you.

Vivienne

((((Viv))))

FosterFrank was such an amazing friend, mentor, and smobriety support to so many of us on the Forum. I'm thinking of putting a page up with links to his journals. He had a way for saying just the right words at the right time to share a message that helped so many.

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3) said:

Oh goodness, some of the quits I have thrown away.

You haven't thrown quits away!!! I had to reframe these moments in my life when I picked up a cigarette again and turn them into positives - find a way to purge the lingering sense of doom or failure that kept taunting me when I had cravings. I realized that each of my relapses was teaching me more about my addiction that I needed to understand as part of my journey to freedom. 

Hugs and love, Jenn

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-18

ModJenn (blakwolf013) said:

I'm thinking of putting a page up with links to his journals.

That would be lovely.  I know I would like to read them again.