Living it! -  A message for Non-Pagans (279 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon9/24/00 3:11 PM 
To: All  (1 of 71) 
Greetings

First let me welcome you to this forum. All people are welcome here as long as we maintain the atmosphere of mutual respect that I have strived to acheive.

If you want to know what Paganism and Wicca are all about, please refer to the links on the start page. To access them Click Here (or you can get to them by going to the start page and clicking under "More Information")

Now let me tell you what Paganism is NOT.

~We are not satanists. We neither believe in nor worship any satanic deity. Satan is a Judeo/Christian concept, not a Pagan one.

~We do not perform ritual sacrifices. EVER

~We do not perform "black magic". We do use spells, mostly for healings, and we always ask permission of the person we are directing energy towards.

~ We do not hold wild sexual orgies

~We do not proseletize. We feel that Paganism is the best way of life for us, and we are extremely serious about our spirituality. We don't however, feel the need to recruit or "save" anyone else. We respect the fact that everyone should have the right to practice their own path without prejudice or harrassment.

And a special message to Christians:

You are very welcome here. We have had many Christian members of this forum. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
BUT-If you are here to convert us, save us, spread the word of Jesus, or advise us that we are going to "hell" because we don't follow your path, please know that you are wasting your time.

Most of us are former Christians, and are very happy with the path we are on now. We have studied many religions, spiritual paths, and philosophies. Paganism is Truth for us.

If you wish to learn more about us, all you have to do is ask. And please keep an open mind. We will show you tolerance and respect and ask the same in return

Brightest Blessings
Astarte

Edited 4/19/2003 1:56:55 PM ET by Tarty (RAVENGIL)

Reply   Options 

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 71) 
 2332.2 in reply to 2332.1 
No sexual orgies!!!

What's the use then - that was the best part! No wonder I'm not pagan anymore...

>;->

I suppose you guy don't partake in hot dog buns too! Wait a minute - those are the Erisians...

I am the one, a God with a gun...

...I am Legend

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon9/25/00 4:54 PM 
To: Krimson Gray (baalzephon) unread  (3 of 71) 
 2332.3 in reply to 2332.2 
No Hot dog buns! Ever!

Edited 4/19/2003 1:57:30 PM ET by Tarty (RAVENGIL)

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 71) 
 2332.4 in reply to 2332.3 
hot dog buns??????
I don't want to know :)

Gilding the Lily by J. Bedrick

webmistress of
Rainlily's Pagan Forum
Ingenue Beauty

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon9/25/00 8:13 PM 
To: Rainlily (WISTERIA2) unread  (5 of 71) 
 2332.5 in reply to 2332.4 
It's a Discordian thing--have to eat a hot dog every friday without a bun.....Baalz or CZ can explain

Edited 4/19/2003 1:57:59 PM ET by Tarty (RAVENGIL)

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 71) 
 2332.6 in reply to 2332.5 
I'm non-eriscant, you'll have to check with Baalz on the bun thing...

and what do you mean "No sacrifices"?

Everybody sacrifices something, sometime... We make sacrifices for family, for children, for those we love... I've sacrificed cigarrettes before, well, halves of them, so that I could get back to more important stuff... I sacrifice wine, to add it to ritual baths, I even sometimes sacrifice kerosene as a "burnt offering" in starting some bonfires...

I don't want to stop sacrificing stuff, everybody does it... It's human decency...

Love to all,
CZ

The Forum About Forums
Click Here
& tell me about your favorite forums!

To: Chaos Zen&#174 (KYCHAOS) unread  (7 of 71) 
 2332.7 in reply to 2332.6 
Very true CZ! I was thinking similarly, you said it quite elegantly. In my own life, within the last month, I've personally sacrificed my job for the sake and benefit of my family and home life and my own sanity as well! Soon to go will be Cable TV. I'm hoping that it will remain more economical for me to stay home, for the family, than it would be to work 40+ a week and have nothing left to give.

Perhaps, in referring to sacrifice to non-pagans, we could use the more descriptive, human/animal sacrifice wordage. Of course then some could argue that their steak or chicken dinner is a sacrifice for their nutritive benefit. Actually, the whole subject of sacrifice would be an interesting one to start in this group, since we come from so many angles.

But for the most part, many people are not even aware of their own sacrifices (pagans, xtians, et al).... I think, personally, that it's an important part of spiritual development, not only to understand sacrifice but to practice it. I mean isn't that the basis of such things as lent?

Saffire

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM) unread  (8 of 71) 
 2332.8 in reply to 2332.7 
My thoughts exactly...

It's all a matter of how it is worded and what those words mean to each person... Even in Christian churches, a financial sacrifice (called "offering") is requested each week...

Love to all,
CZ

The Forum About Forums
Click Here
& tell me about your favorite forums!

To: Chaos Zen&#174 (KYCHAOS) unread  (9 of 71) 
 2332.9 in reply to 2332.8 
If I remember correctly, the word "sacifice" means "to make holy." I would think it would have to be a deliberate act, not a casual one.

Yes, in a way, we all make them, but I think you are distracting from Astarte's point here. We do not make animal or human sacrifices in rituals as we are often accused.

Playing with semantics can make it difficult to communicate. Don't be so determined to "correct" someone when you know darned well what they meant. Especially since non-pagans reading this can hop on what you say and holler "See! They do make sacrifices."

$15 Domain Names from www.dotster.com

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon9/26/00 6:49 PM 
To: Chaos Zen&#174 (KYCHAOS) unread  (10 of 71) 
 2332.10 in reply to 2332.6 
Aw, I think you know what I meant by sacrifices.

I was trying to dispel the misconception that we sacrifice animals and small children in our rituals. Believe it or not there are some out there who still believe that

Edited 4/19/2003 1:58:53 PM ET by Tarty (RAVENGIL)

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 51-60 61-70 71
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.