Its Magick! -  Testers Needed! (50 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 11) 
Hi! I have just finished building a web based version of my Tarot software, Keltos!, and am looking for people to kick the tires and all that...

If you would like to try out the web software and fire me comments that would be muchly appreciated!

The URL is:

KeltosASP

Thanks!

Mathan

The BearZone 4

Reply   Options 

To: TheDncngBear  (2 of 11) 
 6220.2 in reply to 6220.1 
Well I had a look and it seems to be working well, the only think I could think of is setting the start page to tell the seeker to either clear thier thoughts or think of thier question before the go into the reading,.

BB

Lord Aragorn

~ your village called, the idiot is missing!

ICQ= 74225685

To: LordAragornn  (3 of 11) 
 6220.3 in reply to 6220.2 
Thanks!

Actually I think I was working on the doorway page when you arrived...

:)

Mathan

To: TheDncngBear  (4 of 11) 
 6220.4 in reply to 6220.3 
Hey, I am new to the entire Tarot, new age, pagan, wiccan ect thing. And I got a few simple questions and a few ideas.

First of all, what do you draw the randomization formula from? Is it truly random, so whatever powers that may be may influence them? Or is it based on a set numerical formula.

Secondly, I would suggest 2 things. the first would be to have a full index of all the tarot cards in the system, similer to what you already have. But like a page for newbies life myself. And another one that is a chart telling what place means what. Like: This is your present, this is this... ect.

And might I suggest a starfield background? Would seem to fit the theme well.

Advice: As a web designer myself, I implore you to never embed a midi file set to auto on the page.

Your cards appear a bit fuzzy, anything you can realisticly do about that? Thanks!

BTW: I kept getting a Server too busy error earlier. If you are interested, I know an excellent place that will host you for free (bannerless is 20 a year I think) let me know what you think of my input.

Free Web Page Hosting, and Free Image Hosting!

The RPG Coalition

Owner of
The Fantasy RPG Webring
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site

To: Guest  (5 of 11) 
 6220.5 in reply to 6220.4 
The algorithm I use is the same one employed in my Keltos! software, hence the name KeltosASP... simply a web based 'version' of the software.

The layout of the main results page is meant to show the celtic cross, allowing those who prefer to use their own books to interpret the spread. If you look to the upper right you will see a link you can click for an analysis of the spread. This analysis may be slightly different from one you have experienced in the past, but is based on my own Tarot training way back in 1974.

As a web developer and college web design instructor I have to agree about the midi's... not too sure where you got the midi playing from, certainly not from the page. If I was going to have music it would either be a clickable ram or mod file.

As for starfields... one word... ewwwwwww... lol... in my mind putting a starfield on my pages would be like using clipart animated gifs off the net to build a page around. Tarot is not some 'mysterious black art', but rather a guide. What the Tarot tells you reveals as much about yourself as about the cards. In this theme I prefer to represent the infinite entwining of God and Goddess as represented in the silver and gold links.

The cards are displayed at 3/4 size for space considerations. At this point it is merely experimental; I may just go back to the full sized cards as I refine the site.

I host most of my sites on my own servers. The server busy error comes as a result of the limits I put on the number of people visiting the site, simply to preserve bandwidth for my other sites (which are a lot larger).

Thanks for your comments!

Mark W. Law, ccp
Dancing Bear

Cabin Fever Canada

To: TheDncngBear  (6 of 11) 
 6220.6 in reply to 6220.5 
I didn't mean to offend you. And the starfield was merely a suggestion.

I didn't get an MIDI off the page, but I simply didn't want you to ruin a good site with one. :)

Thanks for the clarifications, and good luck on the site!

The RPG Coalition

Owner of
The Fantasy RPG Webring

To: Guest  (7 of 11) 
 6220.7 in reply to 6220.6 
LOL... none taken...

You had me thinking for a minute there that you might have come through another website... and thinking I should prolly put a breakout in my script...

Thanks for your comments!

Mark

Cabin Fever Canada

To: TheDncngBear  (8 of 11) 
 6220.8 in reply to 6220.1 
LOVED IT!!!

Julie

To: juliawillow (JBanniste1)  (9 of 11) 
 6220.9 in reply to 6220.8 
GREAAAAT!!

Mathan

To: TheDncngBear  (10 of 11) 
 6220.10 in reply to 6220.9 
I know a good backroud. It is a sky blue scene. If you want it, I will give it to ya. Ya know? Something cheery and positive.

The RPG Coalition

Owner of
The Fantasy RPG Webring

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.