Herbs and other growing things -  Chicken Kiev (21 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 

Chicken Keiv, serves 4. Prep time- 2 1/2 hours, cook time 20-30 minutes. Oven at 350

Step one-
Ingredients- 1 stick of butter, one clove of garlic, 2 scallions (aka green onions,) a few sprigs of frest parsley, a few springs of frest basil.

Crop scallions, garlic, parsley and basil. Mash them into butter- when well mixed, roll butter mixture into 4 logs, cover and freeze for 30 minutes.

Step 2- ingredients: 4 boneless chicken breasts, Breadcrumbs (I suggest Progreso's Italian breadcrumbs),shreaded parmasan cheese (not the stuff in a canaster), 2 eggs. You also need wax paper and a meat tenderizer.

Place each chicken breast between two sheets of wax paper. With the smooth side of the meat tenderizer, pound the chicken flat (to 1/8th of an inch,) flipping the chicken ocasionally as you pound it. This is a great way to relieve tention! When you are done, make an egg bath with the two eggs, and little bit of water. On a seperate plate (I use a pie tin) mix the breadcrumbs and the parmasan cheese. Then, dip the chicken in the egg bath, and then the breadcrumb mixture on both sides. Place one of the butter logs in the center, and roll it up in the chicken. Secure with toothpicks- make sure that the butter is completely covered by the chicken. Dip this again in the egg bath and the breadcrumbs.

Freeze for 1 hour.

Fill a large pan (I suggest a wok pan) halfway with oil (no, this is not a healthy meal, by the way) and brown on all sides.

Bake for 20-30 minutes uncovered.

I suggest serving with rice pilaf of some sort and asparagus.

Image created by Insane (DEEMEMA) at Seekers of Olde Knowledge

If your walking on thin ice, you may as well dance.

Reply   Options 

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/13/01 1:35 AM 
To: Chakrachick  (2 of 4) 
 7092.2 in reply to 7092.1 
MMMMMMMM

I just love Chicken Kiev-- thanks!

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 4) 
 7092.3 in reply to 7092.2 
No proble- Ilove it too, and so glad my mum taught me to make it. It's really bad your you, though, so I only make it as a special occasion dish.

Image created by Insane (DEEMEMA) at Seekers of Olde Knowledge

If your walking on thin ice, you may as well dance.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/15/01 12:07 AM 
To: Chakrachick  (4 of 4) 
 7092.4 in reply to 7092.3 
I know all that butter and carbs and ... it's sooo yummy though

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.