Its Magick! -  How do you know when it works? (29 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 9) 
What ways do you get confirmation that your magickal goals have acheived the desired results?

What are the physical signs? The inner signs? How do you distinguish these signs from coincidence?

Reply   Options 

To: Pagan Realm Staff (APRstaff) unread  (2 of 9) 
 7541.2 in reply to 7541.1 
I hate to be all Yoda about this...but...you just kinda know :)

If what you're doing has an obvious physical response, one you can SEE and say, hey, it worked...then you SEE it. But it's not always that simple. Sometimes it's a change in the way you feel, sometimes the answer unexpectedly leads you to something else in your life that you can do to achieve the desired results (for example...last year, I did this money spell, to get a raise at work (coinciding with actually asking my boss for a raise)..I was flat broke, my bills were piling up, and I REALLY needed more money. I thought. I was denied the raise (looong story about the evils of working for IBM there), but was led to discover that I had all the money I needed, I just wasn't using it right! I re-budgeted and kept detailed logs of where I was spending, and I came up with a great plan. I still make the same amount, and now I have enough to spend and save, as well as take care of everythihg).

Distinguishing your results from coindidence...hehe, you just know. I know in my case, it just feels different when it's a plain old coincidence. A lot of that knowing comes from your own self confidence and intuition.

Some people say, that if you really want a tangible "sign" that a working has come to pass, that you should ask the god/dess/es specifically to be shown a sign, while you're doing the working. I've never asked for one, but folks who have say they do recieve them.

Hope this helps...I certainly babble on, don't I? :)

-s1ren

And the Lord said, "Let there be light!" And the Lady said, "Turn it on yourself".

My Image

The current mood of s1ren_song@hotmail.com at www.imood.com

To: Pagan Realm Staff (APRstaff) unread  (3 of 9) 
 7541.3 in reply to 7541.1 
I seem ti "just now" whether or not something has worked properly, just as I seem to "just know" whether it's a bad day or time to do something. More bad than good has happened when I've trusted my peers over my intuition (i.e. almost got snowed in at a friend's house, had to swerve from a cat on icy roads, got stuck wandering in the woods for 12 hours in the middle of winter; all isolated incidents.) Every time I just get that "not a good idea" feeling, or that "yeah, go for it!" feeling, and I know how things will end up. It seems to get more accurate as I get older as well, so perhaps I had some form of psychic foresight in a previous life. Who knows. And now I'm just babbling...

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/16/02 2:57 AM 
To: Pagan Realm Staff (APRstaff) unread  (4 of 9) 
 7541.4 in reply to 7541.1 
I love it when I have "visited" someone through astral projection and later get confirmation that what I saw was really what was there

From: PhilH (philh1985) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/16/02 3:36 AM 
To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 9) 
 7541.5 in reply to 7541.4 

{{{{{Tarty}}}}}

<sigh> I'm so envious.  I wish I could do astral projection. (tho I do admit I'd prefer to be able to physically teleport there.<g>)

Phil

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/16/02 3:45 AM 
To: PhilH (philh1985) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 9) 
 7541.6 in reply to 7541.5 
You have to start with meditation first-- can you do that successfully?

From: PhilH (philh1985) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/16/02 1:54 PM 
To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 9) 
 7541.7 in reply to 7541.6 
Tarty,

Nope. still haven't gotten that down yet. It doesn't matter how quiet things are around me, every little sound makes me jump. <shrug>

Phil

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/17/02 2:16 PM 
To: PhilH (philh1985) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 9) 
 7541.8 in reply to 7541.7 
You may need to start with walking meditations-- try walking alone in the woods-- a looooong walk, and just be with your thoughts-- that is a form of meditation too

:-)

From: PhilH (philh1985) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/17/02 3:39 PM 
To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 9) 
 7541.9 in reply to 7541.8 

{{{{{Tarty}}}}}

Hmm, hadn't thought of that.  Sounds good.  I'll have to give it a try, if I can find a good place for it.

<hugs>

Phil

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.