Herbs and other growing things -  What's Growing? (140 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/27/03 10:34 PM 
To: All  (12 of 21) 
 7585.12 in reply to 7585.2 
Oooh!

What a great thread to re-visit!

Ok, let's see...

On the porch I have the large planter of catnip, three tomato plants, a lime scented geranium, a huge planter with mums, a large rosemary bush, a tall terracotta planter (the kind with the holes down the side) filled with aloe, an umbrella tree, and a couple of planters with flowers, chives and parsley.

In the gardens-- one garden with just flowers and coriander, the other has six kinds of tomatoes, three kinds of peppers and onions.

Along the side of the front yard I have irises, calla lilies, ice plant, aloe, roses, and a bunch of other flowers (forgot all that is in there). In the back yard we have tons of ice plant (we're on a hill) an avocado tree, a pear tree, lots of prickly pear cactus and palm trees... er.. and some other stuff LOL

So, what are you growing? Or.. since I know many of you don't have growing seasons as long as others of us, what are you planning on growing this year?

Edited 4/27/2003 10:38:52 PM ET by Tarty (RAVENGIL)

Reply   Options 

To: Anna (Don't worry, we're all nuts) (AnnaBMC) unread  (13 of 21) 
 7585.13 in reply to 7585.1 
Hi all,
Im growing henbane, jimson weed, toloache, belladonna, hemlock, mandrake, diviners sage, wild lettuce, poppies, baby woodrose, bundle weed, monkshood and soon will have several types of cactus and angels trumpets.
Thanks Tarty for the advice on the cuttings ;)

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/28/03 12:44 PM 
To: Neal (Grautr)  (14 of 21) 
 7585.14 in reply to 7585.13 
You are most welcome,

And best of luck with your plants. Come back and see us anytime

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/5/03 10:11 PM 
To: All  (15 of 21) 
 7585.15 in reply to 7585.14 
I can't think of anything more fulfilling than working in the garden
:-)

My tomatoes and peppers are growing so nicely, as well as the herbs and we went to OSH this afternoon and got a bunch more plants (S.O. literally had to pull me out of there or I would have bought 3X as many plants LOL). I added some dill and oregano, and astilbe, some protulacas, and a bit more perenial flowers. It all looks so nice.

There's just something about getting down on the ground and working my fingers through the dirt that is so theraputic and relaxing. Not to mention that it really strenghthens that feeling of connection to the earth.

:-)

Yanno what I mean?

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (16 of 21) 
 7585.16 in reply to 7585.12 
My cats eat everything that grows in the house in a pot, so I've quit having plants. MAybe when we move I can have a new one, a hanging plant where the furkids can't get to it.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/5/03 10:49 PM 
To: SMADRONIA  (17 of 21) 
 7585.17 in reply to 7585.16 
Ooh bad kitties!

Have you thought about growing catnip and "cat grass" just for them? Maybe they would leave the other plants alone then?

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (18 of 21) 
 7585.18 in reply to 7585.17 
Even with cat grass it's not enough. They love to dig and chew on everything.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/5/03 11:11 PM 
To: SMADRONIA  (19 of 21) 
 7585.19 in reply to 7585.18 
How about hanging planters?

LOL

From: MissBanjo DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/6/03 10:29 AM 
To: SMADRONIA  (20 of 21) 
 7585.20 in reply to 7585.16 
I used to have just hanging plants but that didn't matter either. I'd hang the vines along the ceiling when they got too long but the cats would still jump at the ones that weren't very long.

Capitol Hill is nothing but whores. They're getting paid to screw somebody.

In my book that's a whore.  ~me.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/6/03 11:44 AM 
To: MissBanjo DelphiPlus Member Icon  (21 of 21) 
 7585.21 in reply to 7585.20 
Sorry, but I have this image in my head of a bunch of cats playing "Tarzan" and swinging from plant to plant...

LOL

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1 2-11 12-21
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.