Its Magick! -  What do you primarily work with? (182 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All Poll  (1 of 30) 
What do you primarily work with?

Stones  
3 votes (11%)
Candles 
9 votes (33%)
Herbs  
1 votes (4%)
Elements  
7 votes (26%)
Other--please explain! :)  
7 votes (26%)

27 people voted in this poll

You did not vote in this poll.
This poll expired 3/8/02 4:37 PM

Reply   Options 

To: S1REN1 Poll  (2 of 30) 
 7804.2 in reply to 7804.1 
Reasons for this post:

1. I'm bored.

2. Not enough magical discussion here lately ;)

I work with stones almost excslusively. As a great friend phrased it last night, I'm "all earthy and physical and stuff. See that? To you, that's energy and purpose and power, and to me...it's just a f*ing rock."

Guess it helps having been a rock collector all my life, before getting all pagan and stuff. I loooove stones. They decorate my house, they light up my life (literally...I love those crystal candleholders), and when I do anything magical, it involves rocks about 98% of the time.

Favorite stone is Fluorite, Amethyst a close second.

**"Other--please explain"...I'd really love to hear it! I'm kinda getting into that phase where I'm all nosy and wanting to compare notes and stuff. Solitary too long, maybe? I dunno.

-s1ren
And the Lord said, "Let there be light!" And the Lady said, "Turn it on yourself".
>

Edited 3/1/2002 4:41:59 PM ET by S1REN1

Many blessings to thee, my friend

To: S1REN1 Poll  (3 of 30) 
 7804.3 in reply to 7804.1 
Hey, just wondering what is meant by the elements option. How does one work with elements in the same way one uses stones, herbs, and candles?

Mewinai :)

I'm alive! I exist! and I belong in the fantasy realms.....

www.geocities.com/mewinai Hope ye like me homepage :)

To: S1REN1 Poll  (4 of 30) 
 7804.4 in reply to 7804.2 
Should I vote "Other" if I use "all of the above"?
Just wondering... :)

Ceridwen

To: S1REN1 Poll  (5 of 30) 
 7804.5 in reply to 7804.1 
Words of power, sigials, prose (poetic wording without being poetry), tools (full cerimonial regalia), sculptures, ect. I make talismans and thought forms for most of my spells. I am trying to devolop a magickal system based on "creation", so I make just about everything myself. The power is esentaly in the making.

For religious rituals I use statues, incence, and flowers :)

By the way, has anyone heard of a magickal tradition centerd around the concepts of creation and creativity? I've looked all over and never found one...

SeFoMa

To: SeFoMa Poll  (6 of 30) 
 7804.6 in reply to 7804.5 
it is something that has to come from within you, you won't find it "out there"....if you want to use it magically...simply do it as often as you can....

it is as simple as being a good dad, friend, brother, etcetera...you are doing it all the time all ready. to establish the way agian...simply be the example....

:) :)

kilsokwa

To: All Poll  (7 of 30) 
 7804.7 in reply to 7804.2 
I voted for "other" and I did because I use a combination of candles, herbs, and elements. I am very heavily aligned to the four cardinal directions; the above and below too. I want to become more stone knowledgeable, but stones are expensive. I like ones with actual points, and not the tumbled stones.

Pete

To: Guest Poll  (8 of 30) 
 7804.8 in reply to 7804.6 
"it is something that has to come from within you, you won't find it 'out there'"

You mean creativity, or magick?

There are alot of paths and traditions in the world, each with there own philosophies, techniques,ect. Thelma is built around the concept of will. Toa is based on Yin and Yang and folowing ones own nature. Many more modern traditions are built around becoming one with the natural world. Alchemy is based on the consept of purifacation. All of these are varying ideas of what is divine. To me, the most divine of the divine is the power to create. If someone has pursued this path before, I would like to know how they did it. Doing things the way I have bean is vey slow going.

SeFoMa

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon3/4/02 3:23 PM 
To: S1REN1 Poll  (9 of 30) 
 7804.9 in reply to 7804.2 
Good question Siren

I use candles, herbs, elements, astral projection, sex magic, oils, meditation (especially on the moon)... sometimes a combination depending on what I am trying to acheive.

It is often a matter of deciding what I want to work on and then figuring out the right process. Rarely do I say, "I want to do this, how do I acheive it with candles". And for the most part I use my intuition and creativity to come up with my workings. Hardly ever do I look up a spell or ritual

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (10 of 30) 
 7804.10 in reply to 7804.9 
****Rarely do I say, "I want to do this, how do I acheive it with candles". And for the most part I use my intuition and creativity to come up with my workings. Hardly ever do I look up a spell or ritual****

Yeah, me too. But the first thing I always do is sift through my bowl o' rocks, hehe. I *meant* to do that this morning, for something to carry with me today (job interview, woohoo!) but I was sooooo tired this morning, I didn't remember til it was too late. Oops :0)

-s1ren

And the Lord said, "Let there be light!" And the Lady said, "Turn it on yourself".

My Image

The current mood of s1ren_song@hotmail.com at www.imood.com >

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.