Its Magick! -  Aspect Magick (20 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 5) 
Okay...in an email group I belong to a person says something about aspect magick. I'm not sure what it is. Could someone help? Thanks!

Reply   Options 

To: MILPOL  (2 of 5) 
 8064.2 in reply to 8064.1 
Hmmm. Haven't heard about it before, but I can take a guess.

It may mean "borrowing" the "aspect" (or attributes) of a god/dess.

Which coudl be extremely dangerous. As I've said before, the human mind isn't built for that kind of input.

To: MythBlade (Talismonger)  (3 of 5) 
 8064.3 in reply to 8064.2 
You're right...that is what it is. I responded to this person's request with a general "what the heck is that?" I is allowing or drawing down aspects of a God/Goddess to oneself. They spoke that it is something that a 3rd degree would do with another in support and in a ritual setting. This person wanted to do it alone and isn't the most knowledgable or trained. Thank you for the reply! You were right on the button!

To: MILPOL  (4 of 5) 
 8064.4 in reply to 8064.3 
Yep...that's what it is, and it IS dangerous to those unprepared.

Drawing down the Moon is a form of Aspecting. In Trad ritual, you are Aspecting the God/Goddess as HP/HPS, though usually not to a major degree (no pun intended). Sometimes you just get the "in the groove" feeling, sometimes you really feel Them, sometimes They speak through you. But there is Aspecting where you surrender your individuality to the particular Deity (usually in trance work) and they temporarily possess you. I haven't tried it myself.

This form of Aspecting is done in Santeria, Candomble, Voudoun, etc., for example. Done properly in context, it's a fundamental part of their ritual. The whole idea of a successful ritual is to have one or more Orishas speak through those possessed. I've drummed in a Santerian Circle, and seen it in action - and as the drummer connected to a particular dancer, felt the connection myself. But it is not something for untrained idiots to be mucking around with. A Reclaiming group here I hung out with some (two then-band members ran it) did a form of Aspecting in some of their rituals. But after they saw nothing wrong with having some Newbie with three months of training ask to do it in their Samhain ritual, I cut my ties with them - because they were clearly the kind of irresponsible folks that would hand a young child a loaded handgun. Their comment was, "Well, either it won't work, or he'll learn his lesson." AAAUGH!

Another form of Aspecting is used in CM in several different ways, but I won't go into that here. This ain't a CM site. But that kind of stuff is exceptionally dangerous to all but the best-trained Adepts (of which I am not one).

BB,
BH

Edited 7/25/2002 11:58:30 PM ET by Bluehawk (BLUEHAWK9)

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (5 of 5) 
 8064.5 in reply to 8064.4 
Thank you for the information! I appreciate it. From what I have gathered from some discussion I've had on the subject is that it can be very dangerous for those unprepared or trained well in enough for the ritual. Again, thank you!

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.