Living it! -  Earth Day (62 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 10) 
Anyone planning on doing anything special for Earth Day?

I found a group of local Pagans *yeah!* and we're all going over as a group to a local park that has an annual clean up. We'll be planting seedlings and such on the 26th.. we're even gonna get a badge for participating (I feel like I'm back in scouts! LOL).

So anyone planning anything special?

Reply   Options 

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/16/03 1:51 AM 
To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (2 of 10) 
 8241.2 in reply to 8241.1 
Hmmmmmm

I hadn't even looked into what's going on here yet, I have been so busy-- but I will look into what's happening in this area .

Thanks for the reminder Saff

:-)

Help!!!

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 10) 
 8241.3 in reply to 8241.2 
No problem! I was planning at first on just going to a local celbration but then I found these folks. They're planning monthly meet and greets too... we're finally getting some Pagan organization happening 'round here! LOL..

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/16/03 10:42 PM 
To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (4 of 10) 
 8241.4 in reply to 8241.3 
That's excellent! I hope it grows and grows

Help!!!

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (5 of 10) 
 8241.5 in reply to 8241.1 
I never celebrate earth day. So won't be doing anything
special for that day.

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (6 of 10) 
 8241.6 in reply to 8241.1 
Earth day??

Sorry, I do not quite grasp the concept.

To me, "Earth Day" means somebody finaly set aside one out of 365 days of the year to finaly pay the Earth some respect she deserves. In my opinion, EVERY day SHOULD be Earth Day... I think (politicly speaking) that setting aside only one "special" day is a bit stingy and as with all politics, giving the 1% or less of what is deserved.

I suppose it's a good thing to get others Earth-minded, but still a bit too little.

If, however, Earth Day means to do bonfires in public parks and get down to some REAL celebrating of what the Earth gives us, then it would be so much greater <grin>.

Chaos Zen

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (7 of 10) 
 8241.7 in reply to 8241.1 

Hi Saff. I hope this works, just broke down and upgraded

so im real sure..........Doing plantings for earth day and

spring in general

Dragons Blessings

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/20/03 8:35 PM 
To: Chaos Zen&#174 (KYCHAOS)  (8 of 10) 
 8241.8 in reply to 8241.6 
I agree that every day should be "Earth Day"

However, having one special day that reminds everyone and perhaps enlightens the unenlightened, is a pretty good idea.

And a tree planted on Earth Day will grow all year and for years to come. A mind opened by Earth Day may stay open for years to come too

Help!!!

To: Chaos Zen&#174 (KYCHAOS)  (9 of 10) 
 8241.9 in reply to 8241.6 
LOL.. I completely agree with ya there! But it does seem the one day of the year that mainstream America at least tries. But on a personal level, it isn't just one day a year, that's for sure.. I'm just glad the mainstream actually acknowledges the Earth at all! Well, a part of the mainstream at least.

To: OLDJAMES  (10 of 10) 
 8241.10 in reply to 8241.7 
Sounds great James. Our group is doing plantings at a local park, after those are done we can go on trash detail. Which is something I do regardless of the day anyway. I've even instilled in my child the need to pick up crap after those who have been careless enough to litter.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.