Animals in our lives -  Bidding farewell (49 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 
I know I have been really quiet lately. I hope it's going to change as I missed these conversations.

My dog, Wrex, was put to sleep a couple of weeks ago. He was sixteen and had pretty much been my absolute best friend (better than many human 'friends') for over eight years. In his younger years he was a police dog and delighted adults and children all over the country by demonstrating his training. Throughout his life he was loved and cared for. He was never struck, never shouted at and he never knew the suffering that some unlucky animals endure. He didn't become ill until his last few days when it was clear that he wouldn't get better. We made the hardest choice, to allow him to die painlessly with dignity and free from suffering the way he had lived.

I love you Wrex, goodbye my good dog.

Reply   Options 

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/16/03 10:33 PM 
To: Stoneheart (RustyK3)  (2 of 4) 
 8245.2 in reply to 8245.1 
My heart goes out to you.
I know how hard it can be to say goodbye to a special friend.

Help!!!

From: Javert (JackFrost69) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/17/03 10:29 AM 
To: Stoneheart (RustyK3)  (3 of 4) 
 8245.3 in reply to 8245.1 
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I know exactly what you mean. I took in a dog that was beaten very badly when he was younger, and as a result, his hips had gotten very stiff in his older years. Patches was the best dog I ever owned, and when I do my funeral (I fully intend on a viking funeral, but since there are rules and laws about such things, I've had to figure out a way around them, since you can't burn a body on a boat these days. *eg*) I fully intend for the physical part of him that I was able to save to be placed in my funerary boat before having it shoved off for the burning. He was the best.

Troubles Tavern< /A>

Laughter Bar & Hotel

An
Adult Erotica Forum

Member of Nobility
Go ahead... I dare you!

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 4) 
 8245.4 in reply to 8245.2 
Before she died, my Boyfriend's mum wrote the most amazing poem called "If it should be" and it has helped a great deal.

(((((((Tarty)))))))

It's so good to see you again.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.