Living it! -  Have your beliefs changed in the past... (76 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/18/03 10:14 PM 
To: All Poll  (1 of 7) 
Have your beliefs changed in the past year or so?
My beliefs are still the same as they were a year ago
I now practice a more solitarty path
I now practice with a group or coven
I have shifted from one branch of Paganism to another
I have shifted from Christianity to Paganism
I have shifted to an Eastern path
I have become a Humanist
I am now an Agnostic
I founded and follow my own path
I am in transition and don't know where I will end up
Other, please explain

22 people have voted so far

Reply   Options 

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (2 of 7) 
 8252.2 in reply to 8252.1 
I picked "My beliefs are still the same as they were a year ago"...but I'm afraid that's mostly just because I haven't been doing much with them. I'm kind of depressed by that because back when I first started this crazy path called Paganism (and actually long before that) I used to constantly examine by beliefs and try and figure out what I believed and why. Now I find myself spouting off the same old stuff I have said for the past couple years...and I can't help but wonder if I even pay any attention to it anymore. I still believe it. I still feel it in my heart and soul...but what does it mean anymore. Quite disheartening. I feel in a spiritual rut and it's been this way almost the entire year. I'm hoping it'll change soon...so maybe "I am in transition and don't know where I will end up" fits too...but if not in a manner meaning that my beliefs will change...maybe to mean that they will mean more to me (or at least as much as they used to mean to me). Anyone else feeling me on this...you guys picking up what I'm laying down? Anyone?

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/19/03 12:37 AM 
To: Lightning Rider (nikkolya) Poll  (3 of 7) 
 8252.3 in reply to 8252.2 
I hear ya

I needed to do a lot of self-examination and not a lot of spouting off for a while. My beliefs have changed but, I feel more balanced now. It wasn't an easy transition though, so I feel for you

Help!!!

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (4 of 7) 
 8252.4 in reply to 8252.1 
I went through a point of spiritual crisis last Yule.. came to the point where I realized I was ignoring my spirit in lieu of more mundane things... decided to actively reconnect to myself and the Pagan community at large, while remaining solitary in my practice. My idea of what's out there, the godforce, hasn't changed.. however, examining the humanist in me has been a point of critical thinking more so lately than before in my life. I'd always been drawn to humanism but now seems even more important a time to examine it and one's self.

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (5 of 7) 
 8252.5 in reply to 8252.1 
Blessings Love

Well, I am exploring perhaps a darker tone, but still the same, also have ben getting togeather with a Coven on the Holidays, kinda nice having people to share them with

Love Dena

Host of
Full Circle Dea

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/23/03 11:09 AM 
To: Dena (UNICORN8) Poll  (6 of 7) 
 8252.6 in reply to 8252.5 
((((((((((Dena)))))))))))

Good for you!

Over the years I have been part of three covens. They were all wonderful experiences, but I have the need to be solitary at this time. In the future, who knows? We are always growing and transitioning

:-)

Help!!!

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (7 of 7) 
 8252.7 in reply to 8252.6 
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ TARTY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Well, Tava Wolf and I are talking about maybe starting our own coven, but we want it a bit looser that a lot of others we have heard about, so who knows

Love Dena

Host of
Full Circle Dea

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.