Living it! -  Lows in Living Magick (68 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 7) 

Living Magic/k in Hibernation :
Potential Energy of Manifestation

If you do not wish to believe in the practicing of magic/k, or if it is against religion, belief or principles to beleive in such or even the name alone, then feel free to replace every instance of "magic/k" with "luck", "coincidence", "karma", or whatever you feel confortable with and see if any of the symptoms or causes still apply... I am fairly certain that they will. 

Often we will find times in our lives when Living Magic/k seems to have gone away or no longer work. To continue living a life of Magic/k, we must first come to understand and accept these low points. We should realize the simple fact holds true, that energy, of any form, cannot be created nor destroyed... It does not run empty like a limited well... It refills itself in time.

What is this low-point in Living Magic/k?

Chances are the only reason you have even noticed that things were slow is because you have made some great accomplishments, perceptions and realizations in the past, perhaps recently, maybe even a year or two ago. If this is not the case, then how would you even know that your magic/k seems slow or void?

The "lows" seem to be a very mundane and magic/k-less period in your life. Symptoms may include:

• Seeing things negatively (pessimism).
  • Bad luck, random misfortune.
  • The feeling of stagnation, not moving forward, dwelling on the past.
  • Find yourself practicing, meditating, contemplating or thinking of magic/k or spiritual matters less often or not at all.
  • Feeling a lack of faith or questioning what you believe in or believe possible.
  • Feeling a lack of magic/k energy, or at times, even physical energy, inspiration and/or motivation.
  • Frequently bored and/or unfocussed in thought or decisions.
What are the most likely causes?
Consider the following... ask yourself these questions:
(In the past...)
  • Have you been manifesting your visualizations or will frequently (weekly, daily, several times each day)?
  • Have you been overworking yourself or your magick?
  • Were you losing sleep, becoming restless or avoiding sleep?
  • Were you addicted to stress, adreneline and/or accomplishment?
  • Did you brag or boast of accomplishments?
  • Were you experiencing dozens or more vivid or enlightening dreams or having many revelations in a short period of time?
There is nothing wrong with answering yes to any of these... for the experienced practitioner, it is sometimes commonplace. However, answering "yes" to any of these questions, could easily explain that perhaps you've overspent the energy (sometimes called "mana" or "Chi") that was available to you.

Also keep in mind that Living Magic/k has more to do with experiencing and noticing the results, than it does to putting an action into motion to get those outcomes. With that being said, some may come to realize that they particiated in, recieved, or even practiced living magic/k on a less than conscious level, or without ever knowing they were doing so or receiving the results thereof.

How to renew your Living Magic/k.

Chaos Zen

Reply   Options 

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/20/03 8:37 PM 
To: Chaos Zen&#174 (KYCHAOS)  (2 of 7) 
 8263.2 in reply to 8263.1 
Thanks CZ!

Very interesting. Gonna have to read through both parts again before I share my thoughts, but wanted to say thanks first

Help!!!

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 7) 
 8263.3 in reply to 8263.2 
I've been at a point in my life, where people have told me that magik seemed to work it's way into even my idle conversation... and that many people were helped by speaking with me. I do not wish to sound as if I am bragging, but rather to explain that I do not feel that now... I have spent some time (about a year, maybe a little more) at one of these Magik "slow periods".

I figure that perhaps if I could review working practices to evaluate and remedy the "lows" and get back to the sort of Magik I once lived, then maybe it might help a few others if I do so in a more public fashion.

If anybody does find this useful or helpful, all I ask is patience... The symptoms I feel most strongly are the lack of focus and energy, both would be required to write a complete book... but I am hoping even if only a little at a time, perhaps others could be helped as well.

Blessings,

Chaos Zen

Edited 4/21/2003 12:00:25 AM ET by Chaos Zen (KYCHAOS)

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/21/03 12:16 AM 
To: Chaos Zen&#174 (KYCHAOS)  (4 of 7) 
 8263.4 in reply to 8263.3 
The symptoms I feel most strongly are the lack of focus and energy...

I spent months like that, but I think that was where I needed to be in order to re-evaluate where my life was going and where I needed to make changes. I don't see periods like this as a necessarily negative time, at least I don't anymore. Hard to feel that way when you are in the middle of it though!
Tarty

Help!!!

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 7) 
 8263.5 in reply to 8263.4 
It's not a bad thing...

It's like the Magik is on a much needed vacation or resting/recharging. My suggestions are for those who feel they are ready to get back to making it work again.

Chaos Zen

To: Chaos Zen&#174 (KYCHAOS)  (6 of 7) 
 8263.6 in reply to 8263.5 
Thanks, CZ...I don't even have to say anything, do I? When the ceiling started caving in on me, I stepped back from anything Magickal since I've seen some pretty ugly things happen when people that weren't centered worked it. So I've been on a sabbatical for all intents and purposes for several years - worsened after my head injury, when my feeling of connectedness with the flow of things just disappeared, and my memory loss included a lot of my Craft knowledge.

I've been feeling that it's time to start back on that direction in my path lately, but I've been afraid. Yeah, that's the word... Ever since I was asked to call a corner in a local group's ritual (who all knew me from way back) when I was a guest and I went completely blank during the ritual I've been gun shy. I have severe memory problems from the head trauma. I don't know I've forgotten things until I hear the dreaded words, "Larry, do you remember..." and I can't. And I now realize that my misplaced pride has kept me from admitting that in a lot of ways I just have to start over from scratch, with a lot less mental horsepower to draw on. Yeah, I know, a lot of things will come back once I start working, but knowing and feeling are two different things.

So if no one else is going to take advantage of this, I will. Thanks...

BB,
BH

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (7 of 7) 
 8263.7 in reply to 8263.6 

I know how it feels to have serious memory loss.  The last seizure of mine in Feb wiped out so much stuff.  I don't remember Christmas, I don't remember when I started this job, I don't remember mine or my daughter's birthday, it's all a blank. I'm with you on this one.

I'm also afraid. Not to admit that I've forgotten alot of things, but to admit that I seriously #### up. I made some bad decisions, and I guess I haven't forgiven myself for that more than 3 yrs later. Like you, I'm gunshy. I don't trust myself, my decisions, I lack confidence and self-esteem.

So you aren't alone when you say you need this renewal. I'm at the same point.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.