Poetry/Art -  A tune from a dream (82 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 7) 
I know I've posted a message or two about this several years ago, but still seems odd, that I sometimes hear a song plain enough to remember and catch myself singing it a times... but no idea where it comes from or how I would know it.

I have a very low quality recording (of me singing it) which might be a bit low-volume and contain some static (I over-compressed it so the filesize would be fairly small).

Raisins & Almonds

Chaos Zen

Reply   Options 

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/23/03 1:30 AM 
To: Chaos Zen&#174 (KYCHAOS)  (2 of 7) 
 8278.2 in reply to 8278.1 
I like it.

Could you have heard it when you were very small?

Help!!!

To: Chaos Zen&#174 (KYCHAOS)  (3 of 7) 
 8278.3 in reply to 8278.1 
Can you type out the words?

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 7) 
 8278.4 in reply to 8278.2 
It's possible, though I doubt it. It has the aetheric feeling of being from somewhere outside of my own life... definitely dreamstate.

In the dreams where I would hear it or be singing it in, the surroundings seem to be more like somewhere between 1500's to 1700's period or earlier, walls of lumber set in dried/hardened mud, floors were flat stone fitted with the same dried mud or clay and the cieling seemed to be all rough (hand cut) wood. Bedding was thick cloth over hay or straw. The house was only one large room, round, beds along one side, some small animals, goats I think, were kept inside the house farthest from the beds, and a large firepit with a low stone wall in the center of the house, around which, pottery dishes were kept.

I would be singing to a little girl, who seemed to be sick, laying in one of the beds. When I awake, it feels like the dream was just a show or something, but a small sense of dread, like knowing the girl didn't survive, or that I was singing her to sleep for the last time and making extra effort to comfort her and not let the underlying emotions show.

----

To my little one's cradle where you lie...
comes a new little girl all dressed in white...
She'll go and ride to the market..
while Mother dear watches thee...

She'll bring you back raisins and almonds...
sleep my little one sleep.

To my little one's cradle where you lie..
comes a new little boy all dressed in white...
He'll go and run to the market..
while Father dear protects thee..

He'll bring you back raisins and almonds...

----

Chaos Zen

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/26/03 4:10 AM 
To: Chaos Zen&#174 (KYCHAOS)  (5 of 7) 
 8278.5 in reply to 8278.4 
Have you arranged a score for it? It's a beautiful song, Maybe Bluehawk would be able to come up with some advice too-- get it recorded properly

:-)

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 7) 
 8278.6 in reply to 8278.5 
CZ made a cd for me several years ago (wow, it's been that long) and had this song on it.  It's very haunting and tragic.  It's easy to picture the environment of the song.  Weird.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/26/03 2:23 PM 
To: MAGIKCAT DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 7) 
 8278.7 in reply to 8278.6 
It's a beautiful song, I wish more people could hear it.

Years.. heh heh.. time has flown..

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.