Living it! -  How important is it for your partner/... (245 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/24/03 8:07 PM 
To: All Poll  (1 of 37) 
How important is it for your partner/spouse/s.o. to be of your faith?
Extremely. My partner must be of the same faith
It is a priority but I could work around it, maybe...
I would prefer it, but I look at the whole picture
It matters not one bit to me
I prefer my partner to be of a different faith
other-- please explain

31 people have voted so far

Reply   Options 

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/27/03 12:59 AM 
To: All Poll  (2 of 37) 
 8297.2 in reply to 8297.1 
Sometimes we can't help who we fall in love with.

So, here is a long time Pagan, very seriously involved with an Athiest...

We have the utmost respect for the beliefs (or non beliefs) of the other, and a relationship based on honesty and open communication.

It works for us
:-)

Anyone else have any thoughts on this subject?

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (3 of 37) 
 8297.3 in reply to 8297.2 
My wife and I are very different people, raised differently, and with different beliefs. Most people I have ever met consider this a bad thing. I dissagree.

Everyone has their own path, or set of beliefs. It makes us who we are. Sometimes that path is uncertain. In such an instance ones beliefs can be altered. Altered, not changed. Each person has an effect on the next person, also causing change.

Only when one is closed minded will ones beliefs quit changing. A closed mind is stagnant and unwilling to continue to learn.

My wife and I get along better because we believe differently and have a respect for each other, and our beliefs. I am Shamanistic, but with a twist. My wife is Celtic/Wiccan, with a twist.

I believe, bloodlines sometimes dictate ones path.

Peace,

Host of

Poetry by Design

What I Believe

Draccar says; "I do my best, which is sometimes the worst."

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/27/03 2:28 AM 
To: Draccar Poll  (4 of 37) 
 8297.4 in reply to 8297.3 
I know that in the past year, my beliefs have altered (changed as I have grown). Some of that I can attribute to being with the S.O. for a while.

His beliefs haven't changed or altered, and I don't think they will. But he has shown an interest in my path, if only to understand where I am coming from. I couldn't ask for anything more

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (5 of 37) 
 8297.5 in reply to 8297.2 

It works for the two of you so its a non issue

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (6 of 37) 
 8297.6 in reply to 8297.1 
Whatever works! LOL.. I always thought I'd like someone more in keeping wiht my faith.. but with DH.. well, he's very curious about Paganism and already has a great respect for nature and the like. One of the side effects of me getting back to basics and reclaiming myself and my spirit and having me get back into the Pagan community (actually finding a local one.. yeah!) has DH interested too. He might be ripe for a convertin'! LOL... not that he'd be converting from anything since he's not really anything much more than an open minded free thinker which is good. I do not think I could have dealt with a closed minded person.. I think that would have just been a natural turn off right from the get go.... regardless of faith.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/27/03 11:59 AM 
To: Saffire (SAFFIREM) Poll  (7 of 37) 
 8297.7 in reply to 8297.6 
not that he'd be converting from anything since he's not really anything much more than an open minded free thinker which is good.
Ditto!
And he has an very strong respect for nature. He's just coming from a different perspective than I am... kinda

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (8 of 37) 
 8297.8 in reply to 8297.4 
I really agree with posts 3 and 4. I've thought for a long time that it may by impossible for any two prople to have the same beliefs. Each person is different, has had different experiences, and has seen those experiences in different ways. I also think this is a good thing. I wish everyone could just accept this and "appreciate the differences" as a friend of mine (a Roman Catholic nun) used to say.

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (9 of 37) 
 8297.9 in reply to 8297.4 
Many times this is the case. Change can be good but also not good. My beliefs have been altered by things I have seen, and done. Not all of it for the better, but you sometimes just have to live with it. Just try to let any changes be for you as well.

Draccar

Peace,

Host of

Poetry by Design

What I Believe

Draccar says; "I do my best, which is sometimes the worst."

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/29/03 12:59 AM 
To: Draccar Poll  (10 of 37) 
 8297.10 in reply to 8297.9 
Peace to you too

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-37
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.