Paganism -  Pagan Unity Campaign (58 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/14/03 12:19 AM 
To: All  (1 of 5) 

Date: May 12, 2003
Pagan Unity Campaign Launches 3rd Annual "I Am Project"

Nationwide Pagans are encouraged to make their voice heard on June 21, 2003.

On June 21, 2003, the PUC will launch the third annual "I Am Project," alerting government officials of the staggering number
of Pagan supporters in their districts. By unifying the effort on summer solstice, the elected officials will hopefully be bombarded with postcards and letters calling their attention to the size of the Pagan community.

The PUC is not asking for hours of volunteer work, hundreds of
dollars or cross-country travel. Even the busiest individual can help stand up and say, "Pagans matter!" All PUC is requesting is for Pagans to take a simple hometown postcard and mail it to their elected officials in Congress and to the President stating, "I am a Pagan _________." Pagans are requested to fill in the blank with one or several words to describe yourself; teacher, business owner,
Mother, Police officer, student, baker, Soldier, Grandmother, etc.

The PUC wants to show the government that Pagans represent a large voting voice AND that they range from young to older, professionals to students to retirees. Their description is the key! By using a hometown postcard, Pagans deliver the message that they live in the elected official's district. These personal touches are key to political impact.

The PUC also encourages Pagans to throw "I Am 3" parties for their friends, bring postcards to their group meetings, and leave stacks at gatherings and celebrations to spread the word and encourage participation.  PUC President Ginger Strivelli states, "It doesn't get any easier than this, y'all!"

(cont. next post)

Reply   Options 

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/14/03 12:21 AM 
To: All  (2 of 5) 
 8394.2 in reply to 8394.1 

By collectively mailing a simple postcard (preferably with a picture from the Pagan's hometown) on June 21st, they will show Congressional officials that they are free, proud and most of all, united.

To find the name and address for your elected officials, please visit
http://www.congress.org, and for our president visit
http://www.whitehouse.gov.

The Pagan Unity Campaign is a grassroots movement seeking to unify Pagans from across the country to ensure equal religious rights and fair representation. The PUC does this through the active lobbying of elected officials and issue reports on Pagan-friendly and not-so-friendly candidates.

For more information contact... Press@paganunitycampaign.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will be posting a reminder of this next month
:-)
Tarty

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 5) 
 8394.3 in reply to 8394.1 
Two questions I have:

1) Does anyone have any numbers on how well the first two went? How many people actually participated?

2) I live in Texas and there are 34 congressional representatives as far as I can tell (unless I'm reading this wrong...which is quite possible). Am I supposed to send a postcard to all of them or just a couple or just one...and if just one...how to I figure out which one? Sorry...I've been wanting to do this the last two years and just never bothered to look into it until now.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/15/03 1:47 AM 
To: Lightning Rider (nikkolya)  (4 of 5) 
 8394.4 in reply to 8394.3 
For the answer to question 1, I would suggest going straight to the site to see what they have to say about that. (There is a link button right on the start page here)

For question 2, I would suggest you send them to who you wish. If you want to send them to all of them, go ahead. Or just send them to those who you feel need to recognize that there are a lot of Pagan voters out there

Edited 5/15/2003 1:50:01 AM ET by Tarty (RAVENGIL)

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 5) 
 8394.5 in reply to 8394.4 
Cool...thanks :-)

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.