Requests-prayers,energy,etc, -  I almost hate to ask it... (100 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 12) 
I almost hate to ask it, but, well, what the Hells? Can't do any harm.
Suffice it to say that I've been feeling awful for months now, totally alone and I'm sick and tired of it. And, well...*shuffles feet embarassedly* This is hard to say. Ah, the Hell with it!
I want love, true and real love, because that's what it seems my soul is asking (more like whining, screaming, throwing temper tantrums and beating the floor with its feet and fists, bitching, and yelling!) for, the wretched thing. I guess it's just telling me that it's damn well time that I get started in the whole romance thing and it's being ever so insistient. I know it's right, but I also know that it's turning me into a wreck and I wish it would stop! lol
At any rate, yeah. I don't know. Just though I'd give it a try. It can't hurt, now can it? I know that 'things will happen eventually' but truth be told I'm sick and tired of waiting for them to happen, and consequently I'm doing the unusual thing (for me at leats) and asking for help in any way, shape or form, because I can't stand this any more and I wish that things would jolly well get going.
And I know it's a cliché and I know that if someone else pulled this on me I'd probably ignore them, because I'm a nasty and bitter person at times and such people are often fluffies, but...well, I'm not a fluffy! And I'm...just...well, fed the heck up with this awful and depressing loneliness thing! Yeah. That sounds about right.
At any rate, I thought it would be worth a try.

Reply   Options 

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/1/03 1:02 AM 
To: Silverfire (Jenova23)  (2 of 12) 
 8516.2 in reply to 8516.1 
(((((((Silverfire))))))))

You want love? Then you have to start with loving yourself. Until you love yourself, you won't find a stable, balanced, romantic relationship with another person.

I know that may sound harsh, but I think it is the truth.

So, may you find the strength to love yourself.

To: Silverfire (Jenova23)  (3 of 12) 
 8516.3 in reply to 8516.1 

Welcome to what used to be my world...I've been there for many years until just recently. I met someone who actually has many of the same issues I do, and we helped each other come to terms with it and just happened to fall in love in the process. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope you find something like that or whatever will fit in your life the way you want it to.

One piece of advice...don't settle. I made that mistake about 3 years ago and almost locked myself into a lifetime of hell on earth. It's something worth going into detail after drinking a few Irish Car Bombs :-)

Oral Sex Donations Accepted

Jay
"My pappy said, Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln!"

To: Jay (ITZME)  (4 of 12) 
 8516.4 in reply to 8516.3 
Oh, yes, I know. Love yourself and so on. I can read, you know, and I'm not, as I said, a fluffy :P I know full well all of the 'standard', shall we say for want of a better word, prerequisites lol. And actually, I have been rather happy with myself lately, which is quite odd for me :P I think it's my hair, to tell you the truth - it's finally long enough that it stays in the tie, and DAMN I look nice with long hair :P Goodness, I'm using ':P' an awful lot, aren't I?
Yeah. Right. Um, I like your vampire pig, Astarte. And I like your oral sex button, Jay. Heehee. And after the spankings, there'll be oral sex!
And yes, I will watch out for settling down with someone just....because. I've already given that some thought :P (there I go again!)
Thank you for your time ^^ I don't know, sometimes it's nice just to vent, isn't it?

To: Silverfire (Jenova23)  (5 of 12) 
 8516.5 in reply to 8516.4 

Feel free to vent to me any time...most of my friends do anyway :-)

Oral Sex Donations Accepted

Jay
"My pappy said, Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln!"

To: Silverfire (Jenova23) unread  (6 of 12) 
 8516.6 in reply to 8516.1 
I understand... sounds like where I was when I finally met DH... actually I was heading for an all out "all men suck" mentality and ironically enough, he was heading for an all out "all women suck" phase as well... we collided though, online of all places and though we weren't looking or seeking each other (I think that's key.. but it's hard NOT to.. ya know?) and fell in love and all is now history... course he brought along the most baggage I've ever had to deal with in my life BUT he was and is worth it. LOL... let's just say, I wouldn't have done and put up with what I have over the years (e.g ex wife from hell, his kids we barely get to see for visits that aren't allowed to our hosue, many many days in court, walking the streets of CT trying to keep him from going to jail, et al) for just anyone, nor would I have done what I've done through the years if I didn't think from day one that it wasn't going to work... and my realization that it was going to BE work as well. BUT 3 years later, we're still going strong, things HAVE cooled off our heels a bit AND we're stronger for it (as individuals AND as a couple)... so... my advice?

Keep lovin' yourself
Exude confidence
Be patient (the hardest part I know!)
Don't seek, let love find you (2nd hardest part)
Be open to many possibilities (but don't seek 3rd hardest part..LOL)
And..... don't settle... as already suggested. Remember, finding someone who loves you for who and what you are is much preferable over finding someone who loves you for who and what you could be, or can change into.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/3/03 11:29 AM 
To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (7 of 12) 
 8516.7 in reply to 8516.6 
Bingo!!

You said it all, and so well

:-)

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 12) 
 8516.8 in reply to 8516.7 
Why, thank you dear!

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 12) 
 8516.9 in reply to 8516.7 
Now you know why she's my hero! ;-)

Be your own hero.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/4/03 1:09 PM 
To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (10 of 12) 
 8516.10 in reply to 8516.9 
Mine too

:-)

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-12
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.