Living it! -  I quit my job.... (99 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 14) 
I fianlly did it, I left my job. First off for those who don't know this is Rainlily, Susanne is my real name.
Last week I went to the docter's about my job. I had worked for almost two years at a convenience store, on the graveyard shift by myself. I became nervous at work over the past few months, I had gotten into arguements with several customers who had been drinking, had ordeals with shoplifters who had been drinking, had to call the cops because of fights at the store. basically i was going into work wondering "what's going to happen tonight?" and I couldn't deal with it. I got a slip from the docter and I did my last shift on Sunday night.
I feel better this week than I have in two years, my eyes no longer hurt, my head doesn't ache and I finally remember what it feels like to NOT be tired...I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders...
Now i get to go to the unemploymet office...yay....

Reply   Options 

To: Rainlily (WISTERIA2)  (2 of 14) 
 8548.2 in reply to 8548.1 
working on the nightshift of that job that requres nerves of steel, and preferable a bullteproof vest of one too...better off not working there

To: lancelot dragon (lancelotdrg)  (3 of 14) 
 8548.3 in reply to 8548.2 
yeah, nuts to that job. I liked my bosses but at the same rate I didn't. How can they continue to make people work that shift alone? How can they conitnue to make people work that shift at all? If I owned a convenience store I would NEVER make an employee work after midnight. Let the stoners and the drunks get there munchies before midnight. They made us wear a panic button on a necklace, big deal that's going to help me when I have been shot 5 times....
If they want to be open 24 hours let THEM work the damn shift, betcha they would get rid of that shift right quick and in a hurry....

To: Rainlily (WISTERIA2)  (4 of 14) 
 8548.4 in reply to 8548.3 
you mean you didnt have a gun or a knife behind the desk? would've been nice to have an occasional cop at least hanging around...

wow, 5 times? and you're only 24 yet...

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/17/03 11:37 PM 
To: Rainlily (WISTERIA2)  (5 of 14) 
 8548.5 in reply to 8548.1 
Wow--- don't know how you did it for 2 years straight.

May this be the start of new opportunities!

:-)

Hostess of
Astarte's Pagan Realm

Hostess of

Hostess of

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 14) 
 8548.6 in reply to 8548.5 
when I mentioned that I had taken hairdressing and that it hadn't worked out for me, my Docter told me that right now was a really good time to go to the employment insurance office because they have too much money, and that they are not allowed to make money. So he told me they have to get rid of it, he told me to ask them to be retrained...
Gotta love my docter, not only did he sign the papers to get out of my job but he gave me extra helpful advice too...:)

To: lancelot dragon (lancelotdrg)  (7 of 14) 
 8548.7 in reply to 8548.4 
you know I was never actually shot... it's hard to get people's meanings wwhen you are online sometimes...

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/18/03 9:56 PM 
To: Rainlily (WISTERIA2)  (8 of 14) 
 8548.8 in reply to 8548.6 
Excellent

:-)

Hostess of
Astarte's Pagan Realm

Hostess of

Hostess of

To: Rainlily (WISTERIA2)  (9 of 14) 
 8548.9 in reply to 8548.7 
ah, true...now that i read it again, i get the sarcasm now <G>

To: Rainlily (WISTERIA2)  (10 of 14) 
 8548.10 in reply to 8548.1 

Congrtas Good Lady......your health is more important

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-14
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.