Requests-prayers,energy,etc, -  Going away... (61 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 5) 
*sings 'Leavin on a Jet Plane' loudly and off-key*
I'm goign away for nine months. I got into a government program called Katimavik (www.katimavik.org) at the last minute (trust me, the Gods can, have, and will bestow seeming miracles upon you!) and I'm leaving on 24 September, going to Vancouver, Bonnyville (Alberta), and Mirabel (Québec) and consequently I have a few requests:
First, any spare energy/magic/whatever that could possibly be put towards safe plane trips for those in my project group (and myself, I guess :P).
Second, has anyone ever had to somehow put their entire religion into two suitcases and one carry-on, and live for nine months in VERY close quarters with like ten other people? And if, so, any advice? Any cool ideas for really, really simplistic altars, shrines, and improv tools? I can't take my athame and bolline. I may not take my wand. I'm currently making a very small shrine from a wooden craft box that has been painted blue and properly decorated that will be a shrine for any small deity statue that seems to want it (I think that my Sekhmet statue wants to live there but I think she'll have to timeshare with Hotei!). I think that most of any spells and rituals I'll be doing will involve my Box of Shiny Things and, praise be, I have such a collection of Shiny Things (stones and crystals are the more-used name for what I call my Shiny Things :P ) that Elemental representations should be no problem and even some tools. Hrm. Even so, any ideas?
Oh Gods I hope one of my groupmates is a Wiccan. Wait, scratch that. I hope one of them is a SERIOUS Wiccan.

Reply   Options 

To: Silverfire (Jenova23)  (2 of 5) 
 8627.2 in reply to 8627.1 
One thing you can do is put some items on a chord or chain that you wear. And, for shiny things, a pouch is usually easier to pack and carry around than a box.

As for stuff to bring, think a few items that connect with home would be good-- like a leaf, rock, acorn, ... .

>>
Oh Gods I hope one of my groupmates is a Wiccan. Wait, scratch that. I hope one of them is a SERIOUS Wiccan.
<<

Which probably means you'll be socked in with three Wiccans packing Teenage Witch Kits. :)

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host9/17/03 7:31 AM 
To: Silverfire (Jenova23)  (3 of 5) 
 8627.3 in reply to 8627.1 
Wow-- sounds like an adventure!
Have a wonderful time.

And remember.. it's what's inside, not what's on your altar that really matters
:-)

Tarty

Hostess of
Astarte's Pagan Realm

Founder of

Hostess of

To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 5) 
 8627.4 in reply to 8627.2 
>>
Which probably means you'll be socked in with three Wiccans packing Teenage Witch Kits. :)
<<
Which probably means I'll have three fluff-bunnies to thwap. Heeheehee *rubs hands together in an unsavoury fashion*
Or I'll have three fundies after me, one for each Abrahamic faith.
Hrm, stuff that connects with home...that's actually a very good idea. No acorns for me, I haven't seen an oak tree anywhere around here, BUT the Generic Pine Tree outside has plenty of cones. It's autumn and the leaves are falling, so I could take one of those along. Then, of course, there's found objects. I'm sure I'll find something in Vancouver, I have no fecking idea for Bonnyville and Mirabel :P
And yes, I know it's not what's *on* your altar ^^ I am however a very altar-oriented person and have got used to having pretty much everything I could ever need in any given ritual or magical situation at my disposal. Well, it'll be a learning experience.
I got an e-mail from my Vancouver Project Leader and there were substantially fewer names on her greeting list than I thought there would be - like, eight and I thought we were to have ten people or something. Kooli.
Oh, and the Shiny Things live in a box that's quite small. When I went to Newfoundland two months ago, my chalice and a few tiny statues went in the Box of Shiny Things as well. That might work out this time, it might not, I'll have to see I guess.

To: Silverfire (Jenova23)  (5 of 5) 
 8627.5 in reply to 8627.4 

Hrm, stuff that connects with home...that's actually a very good idea. No acorns for me, I haven't seen an oak tree anywhere around here, BUT the Generic Pine Tree outside has plenty of cones. It's autumn and the leaves are falling, so I could take one of those along. Then, of course, there's found objects.

Yes; like rocks, beads, feathers, ...

Oh, and the Shiny Things live in a box that's quite small.

IC, it is a special box! Naturally, it has to come along.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.