Paganism -  A Tale of Two Paths (187 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 33) 
((((((((((((Everyone))))))))))))

Some of you may have wondered where I have been these last 4 months or so. *Or maybe not as my comings and goings are more obscure* I have been doing alot of soul searching in regards to my Path(s). It seems when it always come to this time of the year I am delving inwards and learning more about myself. Of course it is always far from easy to search inwards looking into every shadowed corner and nook of of my being...but I have come out with many realizations of letting go of the old and ushering in the new. *especially with old emotional clutters including a cesspool of depression amongst other things I was clinging to*

I posted here not too long ago in regards to wishing to follow the Druid Path, but out of all my meditations and sorjourneyings I found out that Druidry is not the Path for me to walk...although it showed me alot of wisdom and insight to where I would be going, it acted moreso as a gateway. I knew the "Mist Filled Path" called me in a different way. So I prayed to the Goddess and Celtic Gods to help guide me along my ways as I meditated on my inner truths.

About 4 days ago I recieved what you could call a "Cosmic Slap" of realization. It is one big experience I cannot yet put into words, but I know I have found, or refound my Path: Celtic Wicca. The amazing thing is the Mists within me parted offering up a glimmer, or grail of knowledge with an overwhelming sense of who I am along with my place in creation. *feeling very emotional as of late that to everything I see, whether it is on tv, something I read, or what someone says that stikes a chord with me I deep rush of emotions and the need to cry arises. I beleive that this is the healing process relating to my inner reconciliations*

I deeply apologize if this sounds all jumbled...I am still comprehending and sorting everything into my being about everything that has been going on. All I know is that the sun shines brighter, the leaves stir more fluently, the fall colors are more brilliant, everything has a light to it brough forth from the "greys" lately that covered everything over with my cynacism...but everything is just truely wonderous! Not as an escape from reality, but aligning with reality and that the rigors of life are more beautiful in it's raw and fluid integrity.

Much Love and Phoenix Blessings,
Sparrowhawk

Reply   Options 

To: SparrowHawk (FalcorDraco)  (2 of 33) 
 8660.2 in reply to 8660.1 
Hi Sparrow,

Your story and mine are similar, seems we both had spiritual epiphanies, recently (mine lead me to an eclectic shamanism/earth magick type path). I understand how you feel about getting all emotional, I've been like that too, crying easily (sometimes happy sometimes empathetically sad) you know? It's a wondrous feeling, opening up everything like this, isn't it? I'm glad there's someone I can relate to on this kinda thing.

Hope to see you around,

Allison

Animal Spirit Guides

Gekko Moon

Full Circle: A Pagan Forum

I want to dance on the Temple in the Sun...

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/16/03 1:43 AM 
To: SparrowHawk (FalcorDraco)  (3 of 33) 
 8660.3 in reply to 8660.1 
(((((((Sparrow)))))))))

This certainly is the time of year for introspection, so do not feel you are alone.

So your journey takes another turn. It may take many many more turns in the years to come. That is just fine-- it's how it should be-- or at least that is what I have come to believe.

:-)

Tarty

From: PhilH (philh1985) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/16/03 1:59 AM 
To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 33) 
 8660.4 in reply to 8660.3 
Sounds good to me. I'd like to have such direction.

<shrug>
Phil

To: Alli (AlliJaguar)  (5 of 33) 
 8660.5 in reply to 8660.2 
(((((((((Jaguar)))))))))

Hey Jaguar! Yeah, I know how you mean. I was going through a period of deep depression and frustration there for awhile. Dealing with feelings unresolved *still am but not as near to the same heightened level* and then all of a sudden feeling the excitement and joys of epiphany. Kind of like I had and am getting rid of the old and ushering in the new. It is both very hard and lately I just feel so worn out emotionally, but it comes with its rewards. I am learning now more than ever it seems. So I take another turn, to see what I can learn. The Phoenix has been teaching me alot about transformation.

Yes, it always helps when there is are experiences we can relate to. Goddess knows I feel more like a sorjourner than anything when it comes to that. But it does help knowing that there are other fellow students of the universe. Many Blessings to you and yours and your journies :)

Much Love & Phoenix Blessings,
Sparrowhawk

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 33) 
 8660.6 in reply to 8660.3 
((((((((((((((Tarty))))))))))))))))

Hey! *HUGGS* How have you been lately? Yepp, I have taken yet another turn *so many corners what can you do?* I picked up Ellen's book again and am reading the Heart of Wicca...a wonderfully written book that is really deepening the whole hodge podge of feelings and thoughts I have been having lately. More than ever, I can relate to much of what she says in her book...though I may not agree with it all, I can see where she is coming from.

I can see now how much a treasure the Heart of Wicca is moreso and would recommend it to anyone as a must read.

I am definitely glad I am not alone in those respects. Introspection can be downright painful with all the its twists, turns, and curves...but it also comes with its joys and realizations eh? You are absolutely right! Thank you dear heart :)

Sparrowhawk

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/17/03 7:56 PM 
To: SparrowHawk (FalcorDraco)  (7 of 33) 
 8660.7 in reply to 8660.6 
((((((((Sparrow))))))))

Yeah, I agree. Heart of Wicca sure is a treasure, whether you are Wiccan or not.

I'm doing well, working like a dog, but the pay is ok. Sharing my time with someone very special, and that is pretty nice too
:-)

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 33) 
 8660.8 in reply to 8660.7 
(((((((((Tarty)))))))))

I am almost done with reading it again! "The Heart of Wicca," will always have a special place in my library being the treasure it is...I will most likely find myself reading it again and again no doubts. There is another book I just happened to find by chance at Walden's *where I always order my books* in the valley mall is another very indepth spiritual allegory of Wicca called "Apprentice to Power: A Wiccan Odyssey of Spiritual Awakenings" by Timothy Roderick.

I donnot know if you have heard of it or have had the chance to read it, but it is by far one of the most impressive books I have ever read on Wicca and Paganism overall. *I have about 150 books in my little "Library of Wisdom"* I would reccomend it to anyone! *IMHO These are the kinds of books that nurture that writer in me to make a difference, especially since that is what I am going to college for*

Glad to hear you are well! *HUGGS* Life is all the more richer when you can share it with someone. You deserve much happiness :) Remember not to work yourself too hard.

Sparrowhawk

To: SparrowHawk (FalcorDraco) unread  (9 of 33) 
 8660.9 in reply to 8660.8 
*BLINKS* 1.. 150?? *STARE* I have like...15. And thought that was alot.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/19/03 1:18 AM 
To: SparrowHawk (FalcorDraco) unread  (10 of 33) 
 8660.10 in reply to 8660.8 
I bought Aprentice to Power about a month ago but haven't had a chance to read it yet.
Would you believe it was a bargain book and only $2.99??

Anyway, thanks for the reminder, I will have to pick it up soon and really read it

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-33
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.