Paganism -  New CD - "Roll of Thunder" (93 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 11) 
Yep, you read it here first...

The new CD from Spiral Rhythm, "Roll of Thunder" will be released on December 13th. I just approved the final master from the CD company. It's not perfect, but it ain't bad. I'm sending my 'proof' copy to Tarty as a birthday present...and she can tell you about it when she gets it.

All I'm going to say is that there was a minute when I was mixing last month, and the hair started coming up on my arms. I turned to Mark (co-producer) and said, "You know, there's stuff on here that Pagans will be singing and playing all over the world. Folks will be playing these tracks in Ritual everywhere from Australia to Britain. And we'll go to festivals and gatherings in years to come, and hear people singing some of these songs we did here in your den, them not knowing where they came from or who we are." He said, "Damn, you're right."

I'm SOOOOOOO happy! The next one will be even better (I'll engineer the whole thing, not just give suggestions in passing as they cut it themselves, then mix). So...a new Skyypilot CD is to be recorded the first of next year (one good enough for my friends to hear), then a new Spiral Rhythm CD next summer, then - end of next year, I'll do my solo project at last!

The Spiral Rhythm web site will be updated soon, so I'll give anyone interested the link then. And anyone in the SE US, we'll be playing (both bands) with Emerald Rose and Evocation December 13th at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Atlanta for our annual Yule festival, "Turning of the Year." (Shameless plug #2).

More on this and other stories as they develop!

BB,
BH

Reply   Options 

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host11/17/03 3:15 AM 
To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (2 of 11) 
 8688.2 in reply to 8688.1 
Whooooooo Hooooooo!!

I can't wait!

:-D

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (3 of 11) 
 8688.3 in reply to 8688.1 
Oooh can you give me the addy?
Spirit Online: Spiritual Community & Information Network

To: MILPOL  (4 of 11) 
 8688.4 in reply to 8688.3 
http://www.spiralrhythm.net

- Now updated with the most recent information, and an opportunity to pre-order "Roll of Thunder" (hint, hint). Bear in mind I did this gratis, so I'm not making a dime off of the CD - I just believe so much in what they're doing. Great friends, great people, great music. I'll let Tarty tell you what she thinks of it...

BB,
BH

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host11/23/03 11:48 PM 
To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (5 of 11) 
 8688.5 in reply to 8688.4 
It's Great!!!

:-)

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 11) 
 8688.6 in reply to 8688.5 
Tastes great! Less filling!

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (7 of 11) 
 8688.7 in reply to 8688.4 
That's not nice picking on Tarty like that...you know she can't think....LOL *runs and hides*

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host11/24/03 10:49 AM 
To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (8 of 11) 
 8688.8 in reply to 8688.6 
My favorite is "I am the Goddess".

I love the drums through the whole CD and the women's voices are so beautiful.

And you're right, I think a lot of the selections will become Pagan standards at rituals..

I know Ellen would have been so proud of you. I think maybe she still is

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host11/24/03 10:50 AM 
To: MILPOL  (9 of 11) 
 8688.9 in reply to 8688.7 
Ok, I will ignore that if you get this CD when it comes out

:-pppp

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 11) 
 8688.10 in reply to 8688.9 
I just couldn't resist. ; ) I listened to the snippets and liked it. Gooooood stuff!

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.