Links -  Enlightenment for sale! (317 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (28 of 41) 
 8711.28 in reply to 8711.27 
after your hint I did. LOL funny thing is I had looked but didn't scroll down..duh me.
Spirit Online: Spiritual Community & Information Network

Reply   Options 

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host12/24/03 1:11 PM 
To: MILPOL  (29 of 41) 
 8711.29 in reply to 8711.28 
Cool
:-)

Now don't feel any pressure to do anything you don't have the time to do. I think it's high time that I did this. You deserve it after all these years

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (30 of 41) 
 8711.30 in reply to 8711.29 
blah blah blah...thank you though. ((((((((((((((((big huge huggerumbas))))))))))))))))))

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host12/25/03 1:20 PM 
To: MILPOL  (31 of 41) 
 8711.31 in reply to 8711.30 
er... Same to you!

hehehe

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (32 of 41) 
 8711.32 in reply to 8711.31 
In a hugging mood of late I guess. *G*

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host12/25/03 11:37 PM 
To: MILPOL  (33 of 41) 
 8711.33 in reply to 8711.32 
Cool!

Big-furry-skunky-heat-machine hugs

:-)

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (34 of 41) 
 8711.34 in reply to 8711.15 
As a survivor of one of the more notable Delphi "cults" you accurately describe in external behavior, I do wish to post an amendment...

It's so easy to gig other people. It's hard to remember that few people are all bad or all good - we are all flawed. In my late group of years ago, the dreaded Blue Flame Guardians, there was a lot of sincerity and friendship mixed in - but any previous doubt I had about humans being herd animals in the main was dispelled once I got to the other side of the experience. It is so wonderfully empowering to join with a bunch of people with something in common - whatever it may be. Group dynamics is an interesting issue, and this was a great learning experience for me.

Like most disasters, most of the folks involved had the best of intentions. And they could simultaneously be good friends and honest in most ways, but because they - like most of us - lied to themselves on some things, they couldn't take criticism that threatened their worldview. And the more the wagons got circled, the tighter the bonds between those inside the circle became. So from this I have learned that strong criticism solves nothing - if you make someone defensive, their response will be instinctively to defend - no matter how objectivly 'right' the criticism is. For myself, I know from experience that I will defend my own stupidity to the death rather than admit I'm wrong once my back is up. Perhaps others are wiser than I.

I'd love to see some talented social scientists of various disciplines analyze on-line groups to see what they reveal about human individual and group dynamics and perception. Since the interactions here are all written with no non-verbal interaction, one might think that it would be the most 'logical' and factual form of communication possible. However, I don't think that most people spending any time in on-line chat and communities would agree with that - in fact, there's more misunderstanding due to the lack of non-verbal clues than there is clarity of communication.

As Ben Franklin once said, the greatest thing about being a rational being is the ability to rationalize. So I believe that the human race is far less rational than it pretends to be. With perhaps a few exceptions, we are all fools, and perhaps the wisest of us are those who are aware of the depths of our own personal foolishness...yet are not so bitter as to condemn the wholesale inborn chuckleheaded stupidity of the human race, both individual and group. You have to love the whole bunch of well-meaning goofballs making up humanity who can't take three strides without stepping on their own dicks (so to speak). So I laugh because if I cried I would never stop, and I love because it hurts too much to hate.

I believe that we are all God's Fools, yet we are loved by our Creator (whatever Name you care to use for Them) all the same. However imperfectly, I try to do the same, though it's often difficult. Like the idiot that posted to start this thread - I just realize that someone posting hit-and-run Christian posts in Pagan forums is by definition a fool's fool. You can't argue with them, you can't convert them, and their own behavior guarantees failure of what they are trying to do. They are acting out of internal motivations that they themselves are not aware of, and would deny fervently. The best tactic is to ignore them until they go away, and boot them if they get too obnoxious - repeatedly if necessary.

So I love them. And forgive them. Even if I would take steps to curb their behavior if it went too far, IMHO. It's what their supposed Boss told them to do, too. I constantly hear at work how obviously spiritual and Christian I am - and privately laugh. But I know that Spirit is One, so even if I choose to worship Deity as God/dess, I am glad that good Christians see me so, however unworthy I am in so many ways.

Oh, crap, I'm wandering all over the place, and being an egotistical ass in the bargain. But hey, that's who I am. If any of this resonates with you, the reader, I'm glad. If you think it's a bunch of crap, just laugh and forgive me my own foolishness. I'd do the same for you - and probably already have (*G* - AND - LOLOLOL!!!!!). Love IS the Law - and Her traffic cops can be a real bitch sometimes!

BB,
BH (proud former member of the Chosen Purple Inner Circle of Doom)

"Life is a joke - but you get to choose whether you are sharing it, or are the butt of it." (Swami Amwanna Kickbootie)

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host12/26/03 9:41 AM 
To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (35 of 41) 
 8711.35 in reply to 8711.34 
My Dear Purple BlueHawk

First, let me say that it was not directed at you. So, my sincere apologies if you were offended.

As one who was on the "hit list" for not one, but two Delphi "cults" because I refused to take either one seriously, I have to look at it with humor or I would become bitter.

There is someone I care so deeply about who is in danger of getting roped into a similar situation and there is not much I can do right now but sit and hope that he comes to his senses before he is harmed.

I'd like to tell you more but I am not going to do that here

Tarty, The Enemy of the Deep Dark Purple who must be pushed through the Gate!

heh...

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (36 of 41) 
 8711.36 in reply to 8711.35 
No, dear one, I did not take it personally. I was just trying to show the 'other side.' The road to Hel truly is paved with good intentions, and it's always good to remember that. Most bad things do not come about from bad people doing bad things - it's usually from basically good people doing stupid things. And the more stupid, the less they want to admit to it, so they justify. I mean, there were all those weapons of mass destruction...I mean there were all those terrorist ties...I mean, it's all to establish the Sacred Blessings of Democracy for those poor people and get rid of that terrible bloodthirsty tyrant that we never, ever supported....I mean, you know...we're good people and so we MUST have a good reason for doing whatever it is we do!

So I was being (obviously ineffectively) philosophical about the subject of DelphiCults and their implications.

BB,
BH

New Years Resolutions? What's that?

From: Mir (LadyMiranda3) DelphiPlus Member Icon12/26/03 1:33 PM 
To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (37 of 41) 
 8711.37 in reply to 8711.15 
ROFLMAO

Oh man...so very well put my dear...so very well put!

(((((((((((((Tarty))))))))))))))))

Hope you had a wonderful holiday

Happy Holidays
and a
Blessed New Year!

Navigate this discussion: 1-7 8-17 18-27 28-37 38-41
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.