Paganism -  New Name (see next post before voting.) (136 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All Poll  (1 of 14) 
New Name (see next post before voting.)
I love it.
I like it.
I don't care for it.
Ugh, no!

11 people have voted so far

Reply   Options 

To: Alli (AlliJaguar) Poll  (2 of 14) 
 8723.2 in reply to 8723.1 
Thinking of a new name, Nova Lupa. "New Wolf" with all the totem appearances Wolves have been making to me, and all the changes I've had in my life, I feel it fits. What do you think of it? I think its time to give the Jaguar a rest while others guide me... I've often seen the wolves as two White Wolves (artic wolves). I had a dream in which a White Lynx (keeper of mysteries) kinda sent them to help me, it was wierd, but it made sense.

Wolf's Wisdom Includes:

* Facing the end of one's cycle with dignity and courage
* Death and rebirth
* Spirit teaching
* Guidance in dreams and meditations
* Instinct linked with intelligence
* Social and familial values
* Outwitting enemies
* Ability to pass unseen
* Steadfastness
* Skill in protection of self and family
* Taking advantage of change

To: Alli (AlliJaguar) Poll  (3 of 14) 
 8723.3 in reply to 8723.1 
I have never understood the fascination with changing one's name. I can't imagine ever being called anything but Ralph. Then again, it's a proud German name that means "wise wolf." ;-)

Be your own hero.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt) Poll  (4 of 14) 
 8723.4 in reply to 8723.3 
Sometimes its just that it changes the way you think about yourself, to me its a learning tool. I'm not going out and changing my real name legally. I'm still Allison. It's just on delphi, and inside me, where I go to all my Pagan places.

Everywhere else on the internet I just go by Allison. I was going as Jaguar hear because She was teaching me, but I've had many signs that I'm being turned over to a pair of white Wolves for a while, so the name change could be good.

Edited 12/11/2003 11:50:22 AM ET by Jaguar (ALLIJAGUAR)

To: Alli (AlliJaguar) Poll  (5 of 14) 
 8723.5 in reply to 8723.1 
I love it. You can call yourself anything you want in Delphi space, but you'll always be Allison.

To: BEOWULF (beowulf51) Poll  (6 of 14) 
 8723.6 in reply to 8723.5 
exactly. Its more like the name in the pagan forums helps me focus.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt) Poll  (7 of 14) 
 8723.7 in reply to 8723.3 
Oh...I thought it was an euphemism for projectile vomiting, as in, "Man, after I drank all that gin I just had to Ralph!" or, "Dude, don't Ralph in my back seat! Dude? Dude! Whoa, dude, that was SO not cool..."

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9) Poll  (8 of 14) 
 8723.8 in reply to 8723.7 
Well, aren't you *FUNNY*!!!! :-p

Be your own hero.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt) Poll  (9 of 14) 
 8723.9 in reply to 8723.8 
Indeed, am I not?

I'm sorry...I just couldn't help myself. Just be glad I didn't mention the Great God Ralph, to whom I often prayed back in my college days, heaving up my offerings to His porcelain altar. Oops, I just did, didn't I? (My sick friends and I actually called it that, 'Praying to the Great God Ralph' ).

As the great Bugs Bunny once said, "Ain't I a stinker?" Just bear in mind, I have heard every "Lawrence of Arabia" joke, pun, and chanted mock from early childhood on. No name is safe from japery. Just bear in mind, it could be worse...my elder step-brother's name is Richard Michael Tracy. For some reason, he chooses to go by "Michael." But some dicks are low enough to call him something else (*G*).

Oh, and my younger brother and sister are Robert and Barbara - old names in my family, constantly cropping up generation to generation in the family Bible (1741). However, they are twins - and does Bobby and Barbie Bobbsey mean anything to anyone? How cruel! LOLOLOL!!!

BB,
BH

Edited 12/24/2003 9:50:52 AM ET by Bluehawk (BLUEHAWK9)

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9) Poll  (10 of 14) 
 8723.10 in reply to 8723.9 
"jingle bells, batman smells robin laid an egg..."

"aren't you going to fly south for the winter?" (as long as you pay for the ticket)

And getting older has led to: "do you have a red breast?" (no... but you can have a black eye!)

Names SUCK! LOL

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-14
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.