Think About This! -  From http://www.goddessmoon.org (131 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 17) 
When The Goddess Made Moms

By the time the Goddess made woman, She was into Her sixth day of working overtime. A Guardian appeared and said, "Why are you spending so much time on this one?"

And the Goddess answered and said, "Have you seen the spec sheet on her? She has to be completely washable, but not plastic, have 200 movable parts, all replaceable, run on black coffee and leftovers, have a lap that can hold two children at one time and that disappears when she stands up, have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart, and have six pairs of hands."

The Guardian was astounded at the requirements for this one. "Six pairs of hands! No way!" said the Guardian.

The Goddess replied, "Oh, it's not the hands that are the problem. It's the three pairs of eyes that mothers must have! And that's just on the standard model?"

The Guardian asked about the three pairs of eyes.

The Goddess nodded. "Yep, one pair of eyes are to see through the closed door as she asks her children what they are doing even though she already knows. Another pair in the back of her head are to see what she needs to know even though no one thinks she can. And the third pair are here in the front of her head. They are for looking at an errant child and saying that she understands and loves him or her without even saying a single word."

The Guardian tried to stop the Goddess. "This is too much work for one day, wait until tomorrow to finish."

"But I can't!" The Goddess protested.

"I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart. She already heals herself when she is sick and can feed a family on a pound of hamburger and can get a nine year old to stand in the shower."

The Guardian moved closer and touched the woman, "But you have made her so soft, Goddess."

"She is soft," The Goddess agreed, "but I have also made her tough. You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."

"Will she be able to think?" asked the Guardian.

The Goddess replied, "Not only will she be able to think, she will be able to reason and negotiate."

The Guardian then noticed something and reached out and touched the woman's cheek. "Oops, it looks like you have a leak with this model. I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."

"That's not a leak," The Goddess objected, "That's a tear!"

"What's the tear for?" the Guardian asked.

The Goddess said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her loneliness, her grief, and her pride."

The Guardian was impressed. "You are a genius, Goddess. You thought of everything, for women are truly amazing."

Reply   Options 

To: Leanan_Sidhe (ALDYTH2)  (2 of 17) 
 8735.2 in reply to 8735.1 
Women have strengths that amaze men.

They carry children, they carry hardships, they carry burdens but they hold happiness, love and joy.

They smile when they want to scream.

They sing when they want to cry.

They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous.

They fight for what they believe in.

They stand up for injustice.

They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a better solution.

They go without new shoes so their children can have them.

They go to the doctor with a frightened friend. They love unconditionally.

They cry when their children excel and cheer when their friends get awards.

Their hearts break when a friend dies.

They have sorrow at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.

They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.
Women come in all sizes, in all colors and shapes.

They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care about you.

The heart of a woman is what makes the world spin!

Women do more than give birth. They bring joy and hope.

They give compassion and ideals.

Women have a lot to say and a lot to give.

To: Leanan_Sidhe (ALDYTH2)  (3 of 17) 
 8735.3 in reply to 8735.2 
~*sniff*~ Yeah.. what you said.

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (4 of 17) 
 8735.4 in reply to 8735.3 
My but you are "touchy" lately! You doing ok sweetie?

((*((*((*Saff*))*))*))

To: Leanan_Sidhe (ALDYTH2)  (5 of 17) 
 8735.5 in reply to 8735.4 
Yea, I'm fine.. tis the season... I'm a pile of mush when it comes to some things lately... heck, I got teary eyed at a commercial the other day. But I'm fine.. other than not being able to get into the holiday spirit to save my life.. like I joked yesterday at my one clients happy freakin' holidays.. LOL.. it's surprising though, the number of folks feeling the funk this year.. wonder if it's something in the air. We got a tree last night and decked it out.. going to a Yule party/ritual tonight and the UU fellowship we've been going to is having a Solstice service, potluck AND a bonfire later tomorrow night... perhaps that'll help. LOL..

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (6 of 17) 
 8735.6 in reply to 8735.5 
I've been the same way. The seasong doesn't mean much to me, anymore, especially when my sisters have big fancy dinners, and don't invite me. Well, I promise to not let it get me down if you do the same. I'm always thinking of you. You're a good friend, as well as an inspiration.

Be your own hero.

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (7 of 17) 
 8735.7 in reply to 8735.5 
I too just cannot get with it. Does make you wonder. Closest I have gotten to "holiday cheer" was singing "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" just to annoy my co-workers!

:/

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (8 of 17) 
 8735.8 in reply to 8735.6 
Now that is just downright horrible! Who the hell pissed in their Cheerios?!!?

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (9 of 17) 
 8735.9 in reply to 8735.6 
Ralph, dear.. I wish you were closer, I'd have you over to my family's get together.. that's the greatest thing about them all, they don't care who shows up for dinner or gatherings, all are welcome. For Thanksgiving I took my one friend who didn't want to deal with her own family.. my sister brought her new friend.. and my niece brought her roommate... we like people. ;)

To: Leanan_Sidhe (ALDYTH2)  (10 of 17) 
 8735.10 in reply to 8735.7 
Oh, great, now that song's in my head. LOL..

Well, the Yule party last night was fine... the hostess was stressed out and didn't really want to do a ritual but we pulled one outta our butts when one of the party goers was disappointed with no ritual... it all turned out good.. very kid friendly, INDOORS (was too blasted cold to be standing around last night wihtout a fire) and fun. We got home way too late and I'm still not in the holiday spirit but I'm not down, ya know?

Sometimes I think it's the over done magic of our childhood that sours it for adulthood. I know for me this time of year was soooo MAGICAL! But who created that magic? My poor mom who coordinated dinner and gifts and trees and what not. Dad got the tree and set it up, the rest was up to us and Mom. LOL.. now I'm the mom for my kids and I wonder if that's part of it. I've gotta create the magic for them AND me... that's a lot... and knowing about the magic doesn't help keep it magical... ah well.. gotta get ready to head out to the fellowship soon... I've got tons of food for the potluck and looking forward to see what magic the minister's come up with for the solstice service...

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-17
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.