Animals in our lives -  Losing an Old Friend (71 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 6) 
My mother's cat, Dinky, passed the other day. If he had lived another six weeks, he would have been twenty years old. He went into a rapid decline over the past few days, and passed in his sleep. My mother took it extremely hard, as this is the second of her pets to die in the past six months, and her remaining dog is ill and has cataracts.

I buried him yesterday in the family 'pet cemetery' in the corner of the back yard, next to many other old friends we've loved and lost over these past thirty years. I'm glad he's at peace and no longer suffering. I hope he is back to his old fat self there in the Summerland, climbing trees (with a friendly person with a ladder handy to get him down, per usual), chasing mice (but never catching them, again per usual), and getting lots of love (ditto ditto).

If you would, pray for my mother, herself gravely ill. As Dinky grew obviously near his time, my mother asked to borrow my tape recorder, and is now dictating all she remembers of our family history. I think Dinky's passing has led to my mother making her own peace with her condition (she is now constantly telling us all how much she loves us - very uncharacteristic of her, normally a very reserved person). Perhaps she, and I, am just affected by her cat's passing temporarily. But I, too, have made my peace with whatever may transpire in the coming days and months.

BB,
BH

Edited 12/27/2003 8:06:11 AM ET by Bluehawk (BLUEHAWK9)

Reply   Options 

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (2 of 6) 
 8750.2 in reply to 8750.1 
((*((*((*BH*))*))*))

I shall keep her in my thoughts. And what a gift she will be passing on with her oral history!

L o v e ,   L i g h t ,   a n d   L a u g h t e r   !

I'm not a bad witch...
 I'm a grumpy witch!

(mumble, mumble)
*POOF*

Aldyth's feels: The current mood of Lady_Aldyth@yahoo.com at www.imood.com

This universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper!

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (3 of 6) 
 8750.3 in reply to 8750.1 
My thoughts and prayers are with your mum, your family, Dinky and you.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host12/28/03 1:36 AM 
To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (4 of 6) 
 8750.4 in reply to 8750.1 
(((((((((((((Lar))))))))))))))

All love and stuff going out to you. Give me a call if you are home tomrrow

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (5 of 6) 
 8750.5 in reply to 8750.1 
Prayers to you and your mum! It is hard to loose such an old friend.

If you're walking on thin ice, you may as well dance.

Check us out at Divinity Sisters

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (6 of 6) 
 8750.6 in reply to 8750.1 
~*(~*(~*(~*(~Lar & his mom~)*~)*~)*~)*~)*~

To Dinky.. who had a long life... romping now in Summerland...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.