Think About This! -  Proud Daddy? (91 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/19/04 3:06 PM 
To: All  (1 of 7) 
I am pretty sure this is a hoax, The page about "nanodocs" went a little too far...

Make sure you look over the whole site and tell me what you think.

http://www.malepregnancy.com/mingwei/

Reply   Options 

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 7) 
 8828.2 in reply to 8828.1 
H'e still pregnant? It's a hoax, because he's been pregnant for like 4 years now. And if I'm not mistaken, this is the same site that houses genocon, or something like that, where they take you and your partner and determine how likely your child is to have serious issues, and then offer genetic engineering.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/20/04 1:53 AM 
To: SMADRONIA  (3 of 7) 
 8828.3 in reply to 8828.2 
I kinda figured it was a hoax. They did a pretty good job on the site. I wonder what they get out of it

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 7) 
 8828.4 in reply to 8828.3 
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Tarty}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

This is obviously a hoax, but nanotechnology is supposed to be the up and coming thing in science. Such things as nanocomputers, nanobots, and of course, nanoweapons are supposedly being developed as I type this. As far as medicine goes, they are supposed to be working on nanobots that will be injected into your bloodstream and then work on killing or repairing your bad cells, or destroying the bad bacteria and viruses that make you ill.

And it makes for good science fiction too. Check your local bookstore for these: (Oh, that's right, you work in a bookstore!)

Prey by Michael Crichton

By the Light of the Moon by Dean Koontz (you remember him, right?)

Goliath by Steve Alten

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/20/04 10:13 PM 
To: BEOWULF (beowulf51)  (5 of 7) 
 8828.5 in reply to 8828.4 
(((((((((((Beo)))))))))))))) Ohhhh... more books I have to read...

Actually they are on my list.

Did you pick up Odd Thomas from the library? Someone at work took the advance copy home, but no one will own up to it.... sheesh...

I've been doing the classics lately. Joe keeps thrusting one Steinbeck after another in my hands, and I just finished The Awakening and started Bless Me Ultima

Oooh-- also reading (at the same time of course) Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. That book is a riot! Hard to believe that it is non-fiction. It's like a Christopher Moore novel, with all sorts of zany characters, except they are real

Edited 2/20/2004 10:15:50 PM ET by Tarty (RAVENGIL)

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 7) 
 8828.6 in reply to 8828.5 
{{{{{{{{{{{{Tarty}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Yes, I read Odd Thomas, and I thought it was great.

Midnight was a great book, but I did not bother to see the movie. There was, however, a great documentary-type show done about the book and the characters in it. I think it was an A&E Network production. You might be able to find that on video.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/23/04 9:39 PM 
To: BEOWULF (beowulf51)  (7 of 7) 
 8828.7 in reply to 8828.6 
((((((((Beo)))))))))

Thanks-- I'll see if it is available from Netflix

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.