Animals in our lives -  This is pretty horrid (63 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/17/04 1:32 PM 
To: All  (1 of 6) 
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A 72-year-old woman collapsed in court on Tuesday after a jury convicted her of animal cruelty toward more than 230 Chihuahuas and 60 birds she kept in squalor at her southern California home.

MORE

Reply   Options 

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 6) 
 8860.2 in reply to 8860.1 
Eh gads... I wonder if she thought she was savnig them and perhaps didn't have the mental wherewithal to notice the situation?

I know on the Animal Cops programs, some folks have way moer animals than they can care for but their hearts are so big and their minds not always operating correctly that they can't help themselves but to invite more animals in.

That's one helluva lot of chihuhuas though.. the noise musta been deafening, not to mention stench.. ugh!

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 6) 
 8860.3 in reply to 8860.1 
That is a lot of dogs. Usually it's cats..... well.... ok chihuahuas. Stuff like this happens a lot in MI. Lots of farm land... barns. There was one raid of something like 300 animals: horses, goats, dogs, cats, chickens. Oh, did I mention that those were the live animals. They found something like 4 mounds of dead animals just piled in some barns. I saw the news footage of this and it was just sad.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/18/04 1:50 AM 
To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (4 of 6) 
 8860.4 in reply to 8860.2 
I can't begin to imagine what she was thinking.

And I wonder why it wasn't brought to the attention of authorities sooner. I mean she was living in LA...

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/18/04 1:51 AM 
To: Rach (Ralac71)  (5 of 6) 
 8860.5 in reply to 8860.3 
Oh that's just horrible.

:-(

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 6) 
 8860.6 in reply to 8860.1 
Holy cow... The sheer wall of sound that must have been going for 24 hours a day from 260 chihuahuas...

Images are not snaggable. (c) Allison Morgan

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.