Animals in our lives -  Landed in my in-box (65 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 6) 
BERLIN - A kitten born with four ears is desperately seeking a new home because her owners can’t afford to have her neutered, German animal shelter officials said on Wednesday.

Six-month-old Lilly, born on a farm in the southern state of Bavaria, has an extra pair of slightly smaller, non-hearing ears just behind the normal two. Vets attribute the phenomenon to a gene mutation.

“We want to find Lilly the loving home she deserves. She is very kind and not a monster,” said an employee at a sanctuary caring for Lilly and her nine normal brothers and sisters.

Farmers often give kittens away rather than pay to have them neutered to avoid over-breeding, sanctuary officials said.

Lilly would be neutered and available to a new owner around two weeks later, they said.

“She is healthy and can hear perfectly well but only through the front pair,” said Tessy Loedermann, from the animal protection group in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, which runs the home.

“It often happens with animals’ feet when the cells form in an unusual way. But I have never ever seen it with ears before,” she said.

Host at:
*Teen Pagans

Chat Moderator at:
*Astarte's Pagan Realm
*Healing Universe

Other cool places I visit
*Gekko Moon
*Canadian Pagans
I AM CANADIAN !
*Deech's House of Reason and Sanity
*Pagan Playground
*Sinnamon's Island

"It is the Essence of Heiho to build an indomitable spirit and an iron will; to believe that you cannot fail in doing anything"
-Miyamoto Musashi

=^^=

Reply   Options 

To: The Mountain Lynx (CidBurns)  (2 of 6) 
 8885.2 in reply to 8885.1 
How strange!

If you're walking on thin ice, you may as well dance.

Check us out at Divinity Sisters

From: MissBanjo DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/28/04 2:53 PM 
To: The Mountain Lynx (CidBurns)  (3 of 6) 
 8885.3 in reply to 8885.1 
Found a link and there's a pic! Naturally she's a cutie pie!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4593873

The current mood of missbanjo@yahoo.com at www.imood.com

The Beverly Vampires

Current Moon Phase

To: The Mountain Lynx (CidBurns)  (4 of 6) 
 8885.4 in reply to 8885.1 
Aww...Poor thing. I hope she gets a good home. I bet she has those nonfunctioning ears to pretend she's listening when she doesn't feel like it. All she has to do is point them toward who she's supposed to be listening to, all the while her functioning ears can listen to something better! ;)

To: Kirsten (koshugi)  (5 of 6) 
 8885.5 in reply to 8885.4 
I've heard elsewhere that the shelter that was taking care of her had found her a home. A family who had adopted from them before.

Host at:
*Teen Pagans

Chat Moderator at:
*Astarte's Pagan Realm
*Healing Universe

Other cool places I visit
*Gekko Moon
*Canadian Pagans
I AM CANADIAN !
*Deech's House of Reason and Sanity
*Pagan Playground
*Sinnamon's Island

"It is the Essence of Heiho to build an indomitable spirit and an iron will; to believe that you cannot fail in doing anything"
-Miyamoto Musashi

=^^=

To: The Mountain Lynx (CidBurns)  (6 of 6) 
 8885.6 in reply to 8885.5 
I'm glad! :D

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.