Requests-prayers,energy,etc, -  On the passing of a friend (45 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 8) 
I met a woman while I was at the shelter. She became one of my close friends, and was a great source of emotional support.

Eileen embarked on her next incarnation on Friday, April 2nd, after having a heart attack.

Please join me in giving thanks to the Goddess that such a wonderful woman was able to make an impact on many lives, and left a son and granddaughter with which to grace this world.

Let us hope that her estranged son will be able to find some closure, and receive some grace at this time.

Edited 4/5/2004 10:33 am ET by MythBlade (Talismonger)

Reply   Options 

To: MythBlade (Talismonger)  (2 of 8) 
 8902.2 in reply to 8902.1 
Myth, it sounds as if she was a wonderful woman who touched her fellow human beings deeply. May Ellen gain a short rest before she goes onto her next life. And may her estranged son come to terms with his mother and her life and may her see her in every star that graces the sky.

If you're walking on thin ice, you may as well dance.

Check us out at Divinity Sisters

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/5/04 2:49 PM 
To: MythBlade (Talismonger)  (3 of 8) 
 8902.3 in reply to 8902.1 
(((((((((Myth)))))))))

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope you find comfort in the lessons ans support that she gave you.

To: MythBlade (Talismonger)  (4 of 8) 
 8902.4 in reply to 8902.1 
I'm sorry for your loss...

To: MythBlade (Talismonger)  (5 of 8) 
 8902.5 in reply to 8902.1 
(((((((Myth))))))))

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. She has taught you many lessons it sounds like just as you have with her, such is the way of the bond of true friendship. My thoughts, prayers, and meditations are with you.

~Domhnaill Emrys

From: Painwraith CPU =VOID Corp= (banewraith)4/13/04 8:24 AM 
To: MythBlade (Talismonger)  (6 of 8) 
 8902.6 in reply to 8902.1 
May she go her way in safety

To: Painwraith CPU =VOID Corp= (banewraith)  (7 of 8) 
 8902.7 in reply to 8902.6 
I went to the memorial service on Saturday. It was hard.

Mainly because the whoel time, my friend Kevin and I kept looking at each other, tears rolling down our faces (it was finally sinking in), trying not to laugh at the same time.

Eileen was no saint. But to listen to these people, she was more qualified than Jehovah.

Why are Christians so eager to deify the dead?

In my family, it's a little different. We deify them at the service, and then send them to hell at the potluck afterwards.

Edited 4/13/2004 9:45 am ET by MythBlade (Talismonger)

From: Painwraith CPU =VOID Corp= (banewraith)4/13/04 11:28 AM 
To: MythBlade (Talismonger)  (8 of 8) 
 8902.8 in reply to 8902.7 
Worry not my friend whereever she is ill bet she happy. I dont believe in a hell or such place for those whom are bad. we are all invested with the same amount of good and bad, its just we are able to balance it out (apparently), sod the great reward or punishment ideal.

Christians have a strange way of looking at things, as you say during a funeral they do not mention anything bad about the person, its only after they condemn them, hipocracy at its best (and worst).

I had a friend who was no angel, he was a nice chap and we were best friends for years, he died when we were 18 of a drug overdose and the funeral was a farcical affair, he was never religious in the slightest but is nan (his guardian) was very religious, so he had the full Christian ceremony.

Gods it was awful, people crying and upset all over the place and some butthole vicar telling the congregation about how great a guy he was, he didnt even know him. we had the premadonnas, the indifferent crowd and like me the real people that REALLY new him.

I had been his best mate since we were kids and there were people there that acted as though they had lost everything, they had only known him for a year.

after the ceramony all they could say was how he had died, how it was bad, casting blame. One enterprising family member even voiced the opinion that he would be going to hell. not a nice affair and that woman got verbally assulted by 12 people for voicing that.

I ramble however, your loss is a sad thing my dear, but look to how she was and all that she was, spare her a thought from time to time like I do for my lost friend. One day you will meet again, of that I have every belief, and youll look back on things and reminisce in whatever comes next and laugh.

Be true to yourself, hold the memory and cry your tears, allow your life to move on.

Life is one great adventure, once this adventures over then the bigger adventure begins.

All is well and go YOUR way in safety too my precious.

Blessed Be

PS I hope our friends are saving us a bar seat and have bought the first round when we go to the great whatever... ill be pissed if they havent...... Dan (my friend) never did buy the rounds...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.