Think About This! -  Just ignore me and have fun all (87 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 9) 
Gods I hate this holiday. There are signs all over. The Christians are celebrating a crucifiction. The Jews are celebrating the murder of children. And it is raining. Add to that the fact that I have to work this year and that my whole family took my daughter and left for the week to NY (where the rest of my family already lives) and I am downright depressed. Guess I will go to bed. Maybe this Thursday I will celebrate Spring Day (already did the whole Ostara thing).

Happy whatever to the rest of you.
:/

Aldyth's feels: The current mood of Aldyth at www.imood.com

Reply   Options 

To: Leanan_Sidhe (ALDYTH2)  (2 of 9) 
 8921.2 in reply to 8921.1 
Now I really feel bad about not being able to be in chat with you this weekend. You sound like you really need some cheering up.

Be your own hero.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (3 of 9) 
 8921.3 in reply to 8921.2 
Nah... I am ok really. I just find this a rather odd holiday. that's why I put it in this folder. Wondering if I am the only one.

To: Leanan_Sidhe (ALDYTH2)  (4 of 9) 
 8921.4 in reply to 8921.3 
Nope.. not the only one.

We went to church today (UU church) and the theme was talking about the movie, "The Passion" and folks were encouraged to get up in front and talk about their thoughts not only about the movie but how we see the whole holiday (JC version not EB version).... the one gal made a wonderful point... folks go to a Christian church and have their cross at the altar... had someone made a church and religion for Martin Luther King up at the altar would be a rifle... most folks would cringe at that yet that's ultimately the symbol of the cross... a means of killing... and it's celebrated.

So, no darlin' you're not alone...

I've always found it TERRIBLY twisted folks that wore a crucifix (JC writhing in pain on the cross.. not a very happy thought)... here they're wearing a depiction of a man's death... anyone wear a guillotine? Electric chair? Sure, some could say, well no holy men died these ways... answer is.. how do we know? So many humans have died at the hands of other humans, why celebrate one above another? *sigh*

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (5 of 9) 
 8921.5 in reply to 8921.4 
>>>I've always found it TERRIBLY twisted folks that wore a crucifix<<<

I have always thought that humourous actually. Just picture it. Let's hypothetically say that there is a heaven and Jesus is wandering around up there. Here comes a guy walking up to him wearing a crucifix. I can see it now...
"Get away! Get away!"
And off he runs. I mean... come on! If you were mauled to death by dogs the last thing you are going to do is walk up to pet one on the head afterwards!

I guess I just don't get it. Never did. Never will.

(but all those years come in useful... I can quote scripture backward and forward! LOL)

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (6 of 9) 
 8921.6 in reply to 8921.4 
Hey... WAIT! I just thought of something...

The crucifix is good because it symbolizes that Jesus was a Martyr... right? That he died for his people... no?

We need little figures tied to a stake with flames underneath. Same damned principle!

Sorry... I am well aware that that is in no way humorous. But I think it makes the point. Why is one type of martyr better than another? More valuable than another? More accepted than another?

:/

To: Leanan_Sidhe (ALDYTH2)  (7 of 9) 
 8921.7 in reply to 8921.6 
Exactly.. I'm sure a LOT of folks would get VERY upset if some extreme Muslems started wearing twin towers on a chain (miniature of course)... or perhaps charms... and a charm of an airplane with them... tasteless yes... same principle.. I believe so...

To: Leanan_Sidhe (ALDYTH2)  (8 of 9) 
 8921.8 in reply to 8921.1 
((((((((((((((Aldyth))))))))))))

I can see why it can get a person down.

If you're walking on thin ice, you may as well dance.

Check us out at Divinity Sisters

To: Leanan_Sidhe (ALDYTH2) unread  (9 of 9) 
 8921.9 in reply to 8921.1 
I love the fact that christians are celebrating the execution of their high and mighty messiah with food, song and games. And if they're baptist a whole buch of booze.

I find it hilarious that they wear a cross around their neck. It is like me wearing a miniature electric chair around my neck.

Ostara was fun cept i twisted my ankle dancing. I felt kinda stupid then my friends were like, "ah the goddess loves a good laugh."

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.