Poetry/Art -  Decisions, Decisions! (44 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 7) 
I need advice...I've convinced the band to cover a Led Zeppelin song for our live set (along with our cover of "Venus"). But I can't get them to decide between "Misty Mountain Hop" & "Immigrant Song." Since we'll be playing Pagan festivals with it, which would YOU prefer to hear live by a Pagan band?

Inquiring minds want to know!
BH

Reply   Options 

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/11/04 11:42 PM 
To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (2 of 7) 
 8925.2 in reply to 8925.1 
Definately Imigrant Song

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (3 of 7) 
 8925.3 in reply to 8925.1 
I agree with Tarty head

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 7) 
 8925.4 in reply to 8925.2 
We're headlining one night at Pagan Spirit Gathering...I fantasize about opening with "Immigrant Song" - and setting off flash pots when the bass & main vocal comes in! "We (fwoosh!) come from the land of the ice and snow..." They'd never know what hit 'em!

I am soooo tired of wimpy Pagan music. Dweedle, dweedle, strum, strum, whine, whine...If I hear one more soulfully mournful eight-minute off-key acoustic rendition of "Burning Times", I'm gonna puke. I wanna kick *ss & take names! I want people to dance & sing along, or at least shut the f*ck up and listen, not sit on their butts talking to each other about how cool Muffy Raven Creamcheese is or the proper pronunciation of "athame" or what they're going to do after Ritual tonight & then stopping their chattering to give the oh-so-earnest performers a polite little 'golf clap' at the end. AAHHHUUUUUGH!

After this CD & the next few gigs, I'm starting on my own CD project - done my way. Plan for it at Yule...

I am totally over, "Yeah, that's good enough..." with the band. I am so peeved that I kicked in the 'blender effect' on a couple songs we're now doing because I'm so P.O.'d - and they think it's great (think Geddy Lee on crank having a smack-down with Chris Squire in John Entwistle's basement - in the dark). I no longer care about over-playing...so I'm just gonna have fun. The new Skyypilot CD will be much better - and louder - than the last one. But I'm already planning re-doing every one of my songs on it.

We cut a rough demo version of "Burning Times" (speaking of which...) I arranged on the spot that was a cross between Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, and Gaia's Consort - and the singer hated it when she heard it later - it was "Too dark." Too dark? Too dark?!? Does she ever read the freaking lyrics? "Nine million European women died - happy happy joy joy?" I want roast fluffy bunny with gravy for dinner...

I'd send you a copy, Tarty, but I was trying to simultaneously sing a song I've never sung before (halfway forgetting the lyrics) while doing a bad Flea imitation - and doing neither well, while the drummer thrashes around and the guitarist tries to see how many cheesy effects he can use at once. But I am going to do a version of it my way soon. I like the arrangement I hear in my head. Loud. VERY loud. Mean and nasty.

Ohhh, isn't it fun when I lose my temper & rant? I almost forgot how to do it, I've been such a good boy lately!

BB,
BH

Edited 4/13/2004 12:51 am ET by Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (5 of 7) 
 8925.5 in reply to 8925.4 
Go for it dude.

I'd go for some dark, heavy, pagan songs.

Emerald ROse has a song "The Pict Song" that definately needs to be kicked up a few notches. Could really become a Pagan anthem. It just needs a decent vocal, faster tempo, and some screams in the background.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/13/04 1:59 AM 
To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (6 of 7) 
 8925.6 in reply to 8925.4 
We're headlining one night at Pagan Spirit Gathering...I fantasize about opening with "Immigrant Song" - and setting off flash pots when the bass & main vocal comes in! "We (fwoosh!) come from the land of the ice and snow..." They'd never know what hit 'em!

Oooh, sounds so 70's! But I like it!

We cut a rough demo version of "Burning Times" (speaking of which...) I arranged on the spot that was a cross between Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, and Gaia's Consort - and the singer hated it when she heard it later - it was "Too dark." Too dark? Too dark?!? Does she ever read the freaking lyrics? "Nine million European women died - happy happy joy joy?" I want roast fluffy bunny with gravy for dinner...

To dark?? LOL.
Now, this is something I can't wait to hear!
:-)

Ohhh, isn't it fun when I lose my temper & rant? I almost forgot how to do it, I've been such a good boy lately!

Please do lose your temper more often. It seems to really spark your creativity
heh

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/13/04 2:01 AM 
To: MythBlade (Talismonger)  (7 of 7) 
 8925.7 in reply to 8925.5 
Bluehawk can pass that on to Logan

heh heh

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.