Its Magick! -  "Magic" in all religions? (147 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (15 of 25) 
 9033.15 in reply to 9033.1 
There has always been "magick" in the catholic church. They just had to deny it lest they be charged as witches. They persecuted people for essentially the same things that they were doing. Changing bread and wine to the body and blood of christ... Prayers... Candles being lit at easter mass.... cleansing of sin at baptism.... and every little superstition in between...

It's nice to see that someone has the guts to call it what it is.

Reply   Options 

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (16 of 25) 
 9033.16 in reply to 9033.14 
Actually, a very nice woman that I know got her house by "claiming" it. She chose a house that was being auctioned off due to foreclosure in a neighborhood that she really wanted to live in. So while the bank (or whomever) was putting everything together for the auction, my friend went to the house every day and swept the front porch, cleared weeds from the garden, mowed the lawn and the like - effectively "claiming" the house as her own, physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. Then it came time to publicly auction the house. She blindly bid what she could afford, not knowing what others were bidding. She won the process, getting a 2 bedroom, 2 bath house in a nice, urban Atlanta neighborhood for $35,000... now this was 10 years ago, but even with inflation, she got the house for about a third of what the houses in the neighborhood were going for.

I call it magick and I say it works - not silly at all! :)

To: Rey_Na (SageAngel)  (17 of 25) 
 9033.17 in reply to 9033.16 
Still, I think I'd be a little creeped out if someone tried to "claim" me.

Be your own hero.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host6/29/04 9:14 PM 
To: Rey_Na (SageAngel)  (18 of 25) 
 9033.18 in reply to 9033.16 
The practice you describe has many names. I haven't heard the term "claiming" but I've heard of the process being used many times before

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (19 of 25) 
 9033.19 in reply to 9033.18 
Yes, "claiming" was a new term to me at the time, too. I just think it's a term that Christians can use that is very vanilla and non-threatening.

But, hey, whatever works!

And Ralph has a point, unfortunately people that use magick without knowing that's what they're doing often do use those same methods on people. That's where I stop finding humour and charm in the practice. But if someone will not admit what they are actually doing is magick, then how can you tell them it's wrong to magickally manipulate someone?

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host6/30/04 2:20 PM 
To: Rey_Na (SageAngel)  (20 of 25) 
 9033.20 in reply to 9033.19 
~~But if someone will not admit what they are actually doing is magick, then how can you tell them it's wrong to magickally manipulate someone? ~~~

Hmmm.. Two things come to mind.

What if someone doesn't feel what they do is magick? Do we tell them "I don't care what you call it. It's Magick and you must admit to that"?

and

There are so many ways to manipulate other people. We can do it through words, or through actions, or through magic. Whether we do this or not is a matter of one's perception of right and wrong. If someone thinks it is just and fair to manipulate another through words and actions, it would stand to reason that s/he thinks it is just and fair to manipulate another through magic. How do you change a person's morals?

Just some food for thought

Tarty

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (21 of 25) 
 9033.21 in reply to 9033.20 
Good points. Manipulation of another person is almost always wrong (I'll make exceptions for manipulating someone out of hurting another, though some don't) no matter what the method - verbal, physical, magickal, etc. And there is really no distinction.

And maybe I'm being overly dramatic, I've never actually seen someone use "claiming" on another person, but we all know Christians who have prayed mightily for a certain person to be their mate or who have bought Saint Whatitz candles to help them gain control over another. Most of the time their focus and intention is not properly in place for it to work, but sometimes it is and that can cause so much harm. But I suppose that's their lesson to learn, karma to live, whatever to whatever... :-)

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (22 of 25) 
 9033.22 in reply to 9033.1 
doesn't surprise me when most their rituals came from Roman and Euro pagan rituals...

My Art Gallery

Please note my sig images are not snaggable. Thank you.

From: Painwraith CPU =VOID Corp= (banewraith)7/12/04 8:17 AM 
To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (23 of 25) 
 9033.23 in reply to 9033.20 
Much of magic is the same,

Christians use the sign of the cross to ward of evil we use circles, Christians revere saints and angels, we use spirits.

Its all veraiations of a theme if you believe it will happen it probably will. however I have been dreaming of 10 million quid coming my way in the lottery yet those darned spirits still have not come up with the goods (DAMN YOU!!!!!!!).

I use prayer to my Goddess and a nice wlak in the night air or on a sunny day, thats my magic, it reaffirms me to my place in nature and makes me able to cope with this donkey ride to hell that is a little thing called life.

If I need an extra bit of help from her serenity I ask for it, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, if it doesnt it is probably for the best anyway.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/12/04 11:18 AM 
To: Painwraith CPU =VOID Corp= (banewraith)  (24 of 25) 
 9033.24 in reply to 9033.23 
~~Its all variations of a theme if you believe it will happen it probably will. ~~

That's what I feel about it too
:-)

Navigate this discussion: 1-4 5-14 15-24 25
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.