Think About This! -  Just A Thought (29 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 2) 
Suppose there were another terrorist attack on US soil. What would stop Bush from declaring martial law? It'd keep him in office for a lot longer, and give him an excuse to clamp down on our freedoms even further.

Be your own hero.

Reply   Options 

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (2 of 2) 
 9066.2 in reply to 9066.1 
There have been several who have hinted that "martial law" may be an option they've been looking toward (as well as "just happening" to have another on-soil attack), hence the recent "strong resolution" passed by Congress that the elections would NOT be postponed. The suddenness of the resolution and it's quick passage may have been a "hint" on several levels that certain "exercises in authority for the good of the people" wouldn't be stood for.

...I suspect that we're spread too thin for such a thing to occur; the folks who'd holler the loudest would be the Survivalists and NRA members, but they'd likely have a huge portion of the general public charging the gates of Crawford (or that other Presidential palace) before enough of the soldiers could be dragged home.

And, I suspect not a few of the commanders would pitch in to put a stop to the fallacy. Hopefully, not by direct armed conflict (like a second Revolution or Civil War), but - that depends entirely on what card(s) the Administration plays in order to retain power. They don't seem to want to do that without a fight. (I think, partly, 'cuz the investigations that would promptly follow their departure would land them in World Court and Federal Prison pretty quickly).

But that's just my rather soured opinion...

:)

- GH

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.